Forums » The Lounge

Made up quotes

• 743 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:29 AM EDT

Most emotional and thought provoking quotes so far.

• 743 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:38 AM EDT

"Evil is not to blame for, it's people that are to blame"

"Happiness is a flawed life"

- RogueSilver, master quote man (yes I made that term up)

"Rebellion against tyranny is obedience to God"

- Ben Franklin

• 367 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:50 AM EDT

Doing what you like is freedom

Liking what you do is happiness

Freedom to starve is no freedom

• 8 posts
    June 3, 2015 1:09 AM EDT
    Hope is crushed on the anvil of truth.
    • 457 posts
    June 3, 2015 2:34 AM EDT
    If you're searching for truth, stay out of the backyard... that's where I keep all the bodies.

When life gives you lemons... take a big ol' bite and say, "Man, these lemons SUCK!"

We can't control the way other people think of us... we can only control the way we think of them. Well, unless you're psionic--then you can TOTALLY control the way other people think of you.

If you always worry about what's right, there won't be anything left.

If you spend all your life looking behind you rather than appreciating the now... you might spot an assassin or ninjas before they have a chance to sneak up on you and kill you.
    • 207 posts
    June 3, 2015 3:13 AM EDT

"I'll tell you why you'll never be a hero. Your order... they don't hunt my kin for what we do. They hunt us for what we are. They hunt us for something, most of us weren't able didn't want. I might be an animal. But you are a scared little child,  throwing stones at things that are different."

• 367 posts
    June 3, 2015 9:25 AM EDT

As I fly through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil,

For I'm the Dragonborn riding Durnehviir... FUS RO DAH!!!

• 32 posts
    June 3, 2015 11:06 AM EDT

"Skill is nothing, will is everything." - Ra's Al Ghul.  
    I pretend I made it up, life changing quote for me. 

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

Here are some random quotes from a Skyrim fanfiction I'm writing. 

'Mercy is not always bloodless.'
    -On making merciful decisions

'It seems I have an unfortunate knack for making unpopular decisions.'
    'Justice is not popular, master.'
    -Part of a conversation between a leader and one of his men

'As your leader I am your servant, and in serving you, I shall make your life better by making you better.'
    -Part of a cheesy leadership speech

'Is it not faith to love what you do not understand?'
    -On religion

'People of Tamriel, I shall not fight your battles for you. I am here to shield you and pave a way to your salvation, but the sword is yours to carry.'
    -Part of a battle speech by a different guy

'What use is a heart that you will not use? When companions fall in the throngs of war and innocent blood is spilled, your heart goes out to them. But you run. At the height of your heart’s cry, cowardice runs in your veins.'
    -Part of a rant to a cowardly Dragonborn

'We are not spoon-fed wisdom; we are made to search for it. And if a man is to learn something, the Gods will throw it at him!'
    -Part of a lecture

'[Trees] are as much alive as we are, Master Traianus. Living things do not need to bleed and scream to feel pain. They do not need a face to be people. Not in Valenwood, master.'
    -Part of an argument/discussion about trees

'A hero doesn’t have to be some grandstanding saviour of the world. He can just be a man, a plebeian if you will, who has the kindness in his heart to smile at a passing stranger.'
    -On heroism and altruism

'Heroes don’t want to be born, Ruunen, but they are born because they must.'
    -On how much life sucks when you have to save the world

Edit: Wow oops this is way long.

• 64 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:18 PM EDT

I'm sure "master quote" will catch on

• 64 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:22 PM EDT

"Things like these don't get longer, only deeper"
    -Alendil, in response to The Unhelpful saying "this is way too long"

• 64 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Seriously though, this is amazing! Where's the fanfiction? It totally beats out what I tried to write a few months ago (I'm going to try and write a fanfic that expands on what Mercer Frey means when he said "Shadows take me"). 

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:36 PM EDT

*approves*

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:43 PM EDT

Oh gosh dude uhh I'm really shy about the fanfiction at the moment. XD Thank you so much for saying that, honestly I think it made my life. I've only written a prologue so far and I'm in the middle of writing the first chapter, which is taking quite a while because I've got school and exams and stuff. 

I reckon your fanfic on Mercer Frey would be pretty dang awesome though! I'll certainly keep an eye out for it on this site. 

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:52 PM EDT

Also this is only dialogue. I'm not sure if my rather meandering writing style would be to your liking, or my tendency to make up new racial traditions, unloreful quasi-logical explanations of magick and other such aberrations.  But I do really appreciate your compliment!

• 64 posts
    June 3, 2015 1:36 PM EDT

Don't worry! My old fanfic took place in the 5th era, when all the extinct elf races came back, Aedra took human forms and was in steampunk. I stopped because I realized, I was writing it for the wrong reasons (and I can't concentrate even if I wanted to)

• 32 posts
    June 3, 2015 2:48 PM EDT

What I meant was if you have will, skill will follow. Thanks for the unnecessary compliment though.

• 168 posts
    June 3, 2015 5:52 PM EDT

"No matter how good you think you are, there's always somebody quicker, faster, and a helluva lot smarter than you just around the corner."

- Anderson (Mass Effect 3)

"This is the way of men to create their monsters. And it's the nature of the monsters to destroy their makers"

- Alan Wade (F.E.A.R)

"One kills a man, one is an assassin; One kills millions, one is a conqueror; One kills everybody, one is a god"

- Jean Rostand

"Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that."

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

- Ayrton Senna

• 2 posts
    June 3, 2015 7:14 PM EDT
    Don't try arguing with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    • 24 posts
    June 3, 2015 9:38 PM EDT
    "You can wish in one hand and cast a spell in the other, and see which gets filled first."
    • 12 posts
    June 3, 2015 9:42 PM EDT

"A penny saved is a penny earned, but the government will take it anyways"

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 3, 2015 10:31 PM EDT

Only if they find out about it.

It isn't illegal unless you get caught.

-Tom, on ethics.

• 41 posts
    June 6, 2015 10:44 PM EDT
    Here is one that is more paradoxical and contradictory than inspiring.

"Madness is when the mind decides abandoning logic is the most logical thing to do to save its sanity."
    • 253 posts
    June 6, 2015 10:49 PM EDT

"Zach is super hot" -Teccam

• June 6, 2015 10:53 PM EDT

Zach very well might be. Teccam has great taste in men.