Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4? Or more?

• 1913 posts
    June 2, 2015 11:39 AM EDT
    We all heard the news... Fallout news to be announced. What do you all think it could mean? An honest to god sequel? A remake of the other games? A... God forbid... MMO... What could it be? Speculate here.
    • 1483 posts
    June 2, 2015 11:51 AM EDT

I'll address a few points raised on the status.

• Announcement before E3. I believe we'll get a short teaser followed with a full reveal at E3 (probably with gameplay trailer and demo walkthrough)
    • Old/new generations of consoles. It'll probably be available on both, considering the development started quite some time ago, before even the announcement of Xbox One and PS4.

What could it be? Probably a sequel/sidequel set in a different area. And I echo your thoughts on it being an MMO. 

• 1913 posts
    June 2, 2015 12:08 PM EDT
    How funny would it be if it's just an HD remake of Fallout 3 with iron sights and hardcore mode added?
    • 1483 posts
    June 2, 2015 12:16 PM EDT

Nah, it's already available  Mods 

• June 2, 2015 12:40 PM EDT
    I doubt they'd make an MMO after what happened with ESO... And they know how much support there is for a Fallout 4 console/pc game after the amazing success of Fallout 3 and NV. I'm predicting a new gen console sequel that will do for the Fallout series what Skyrim did for The Elder Scrolls. And with the recent successful return of the Mad Max franchise it's gonna revolutionise the post-apocalyptic genre!! I bet on it.
    • 23 posts
    June 2, 2015 2:40 PM EDT
    Sequel for sure everyone has been waiting for that since Fallout 3
    (New Vegas felt more like a Huge expansion) damn I even put it in my calendar the event of Bethesda a E3!!!
    • 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:04 PM EDT

Hey, check this out! Right-click the countdown and select "View Page Source." About half-way down the code, you'll discover the following:

PA system failure has occurred.

Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.

Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Click for a larger image. I circled the text.

• 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:06 PM EDT

I forgot to mention that I saw "Institute" near the bottom. 

• 23 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:10 PM EDT
    What does it mean you think?
    • 1913 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:12 PM EDT
    Hmmm... Master Brain... Possibilities...
    • 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:16 PM EDT

Masterbrain or Institute?

Masterbrain is a robotic brain that controls the security robots in the corporate headquarters. Maybe it was hacked?

I think Institute was the code name for Fallout 4, but I could be wrong, and it's also an in-game facility.

EDIT:  The Blood Steel dlc talked about it. I don't remember much but someone was supposedly going to the Institute.

• 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Indeed!

• 1483 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

It means we probably know where the game will be set: The Commonwealth

• 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:26 PM EDT

Yep. The rumors were pointing in that direction for some time now. Makes me wonder if that fan-created hoax was actually a Bethesda marketing ploy. Put the info out there, then have it taken down and act like it wasn't them. 

• 1483 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:30 PM EDT

It is possible. Prepare the audience for Fallout news  But there was evidence pointing in that direction even before the hoax. Bethesda devs in Boston etc. 

• 1483 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:32 PM EDT

Do you remember Masterbrain

• 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:35 PM EDT

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the Devs visiting Boston. Good point.

• 92 posts
    June 2, 2015 3:37 PM EDT

Makes me want to start playing FO:3 again. Such a great game.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 2, 2015 6:43 PM EDT

Oh. My. Many-Faced God.

• 1217 posts
    June 2, 2015 6:46 PM EDT

I'd bet money that it's Fallout 4, and that it's not going to be an MMO.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 2, 2015 6:47 PM EDT

I can clearly imagine a trailer with this song. It has to be in the game.

• June 2, 2015 7:09 PM EDT
    There's rumours that you will be able to play as a ghoul and an android and there will be drivable vehicles. I'm also not alone in hoping the tunnel snakes make a return appearance.
    • 1217 posts
    June 2, 2015 7:23 PM EDT

I've never heard rumors about other playable races, but I've seen them on a lot of wishlists.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 2, 2015 8:12 PM EDT

I hope it'll be a trick and they're announcing Elder Scrolls VI.

I hope...

• 1217 posts
    June 2, 2015 9:53 PM EDT

I wouldn't mind that either, but that's not how Bethesda rolls.