Forums » The Lounge

Bacon: Do you like it?

• 22 posts
    May 3, 2015 8:41 AM EDT
    This is not only about bacon but about what you eat. If your a vegan, vegatarian or even a cannibal. I only do you this to see if the stereotype of Fat, unhealthy geek is even true.

I am a below average weight fit male who eats healthy meals. I still play my fair share of games (more than). Oh I also like bacon.
    • 1467 posts
    May 3, 2015 8:49 AM EDT

Well mine might seem a little weird but my diet is basically that of a Vegetarian, but I eat Bacon and Chicken (only meats I eat, but I also don't eat Sausage at all). I do eat a lot of Salads, Fruits, Baked Veggies and all that (I swear I don't live off Bacon and Chicken)

The main reason I recently stopped eating Cow, Lamb, Pork (Bacon is different...don't question it), Fish and any other non-poultry you can think of is because my mother is vegan. Until recently that didn't matter because I just ate what I was given but now my parents have agreed to let me change my diet to suit the fact that I really hate Beef and Lamb will literally make me vomit (I hate lamb so much)

• 22 posts
    May 3, 2015 9:29 AM EDT
    I don't really like lamb either and yes bacon is different, try it with maple syrup.
    • 133 posts
    May 3, 2015 9:51 AM EDT
    Bacon? Too much fat, too salty for me. I drink water and fruit juices, only eat nutritionally balanced meals. That Includes meat and veg. I'm not a MASSIVE fan of alcohol either but I have been known to drink it only on special occaisions (which isn't very often.)

I eat a lot of food, and a wide variety aswell but I've always been rather health paranoid. The meat I eat is fish or poultry. Not a fan of lamb or pork (aside from sausage) or beef really (but I do like burgers once in a while) so my diets rather complicated.
    • 43 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:19 AM EDT

The thing with bacon is that I don't normally eat it a lot for breakfast (I like cereal/muffins before I go to my classes) But I do love bacon though!

• 125 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:50 AM EDT

I'm fond of practically any meat.  But I have a fondness for beef and bacon especially. I'm also very fond of pizza and other Italian foods such as pasta and lasagna. Strangely, I'm not much of a breakfast food type of person unless it's a necessity; I simply don't care for it.

• 43 posts
    May 3, 2015 12:43 PM EDT

I have to have breakfast in the morning, because I feel it helps me focus throughout the day

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 3, 2015 1:23 PM EDT

I want to punch everyone and anyone who runs on about how great bacon is. It isn't, shut up about it already, you don't have to shove it in, on, or around every conceivable food dish. Some folks find it tasty, me included, but I don't go on about how fucking great it is and how much I love it.

Same with cheese. It doesn't make everything better, stop shoving it everywhere. I like cheese, I'm white. Our top favorite foods are cheese and mayonnaise. But stop throwing it on top of vegetables, in my freaking meat, or frying it alone. It's disgusting.

These foods aren't great for you if you sit on your ass all day doing whatever.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 3, 2015 1:34 PM EDT

I found it sleeping with my wife.

• 125 posts
    May 3, 2015 2:29 PM EDT

I've generally gotten used to focusing with willpower alone. Hardcore, I know. 

• 700 posts
    May 3, 2015 8:04 PM EDT

When I used to eat meat, I much preferred turkey bacon over real bacon.  To be fair, I didn't like many pork products.  Only pork I ate was pulled pork bbq sandwiches and that was because the sauce was so good.  

• 95 posts
    May 3, 2015 9:20 PM EDT

I am a 230 pound man who loves meat. BUT I usually keep a balance. Haven't been eating much though, I am way to depressed as of late.

• Rob
    • 12 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:02 PM EDT

Bacon is the essence of human existence- Me. And I'm not even 140 lbs, so I don't agree with the stereotype at all. Although I eat whatever the hell I want to. Because DOUGHNUTS. Hahaha.

• 161 posts
    May 3, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

"Where there's Bacon, There's Life!" -Me, King of Worms

• 22 posts
    May 4, 2015 1:48 AM EDT
    New meaning of breakfast In bed...
    • 22 posts
    May 4, 2015 1:49 AM EDT
    King of worms??
    • 237 posts
    May 4, 2015 9:11 AM EDT
    I grew up on turkey bacon! Eating real bacon for the first time was like falling in love with a beautiful woman.

The only problem with bacon is it has a tendency to give people gas. :x I try to be careful about what I eat and what effect it will have in the close quarters in which I spend most of my day.
    • 92 posts
    May 4, 2015 9:16 AM EDT