Forums » The Lounge

Music Tastes

• 16 posts
    May 2, 2015 12:57 PM EDT
    I like anything from Beethoven to Deadmau5, just as long as it's not Country Music...*Shudders*
    • 6 posts
    May 2, 2015 1:00 PM EDT

Country music must be the saddest genre, it is always missunderstood and unloved...

• 16 posts
    May 2, 2015 1:07 PM EDT

There are very few good songs in my opinion. I was raised in a family who would listen to nothing but country or classic rock, the latter was fine with me, but the former always sounded like every song was about the exact same things. It just got very annoying after awhile.

• 16 posts
    May 2, 2015 1:18 PM EDT

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's pronounced Dead Mouse, it's just spelled liket that :P

• 16 posts
    May 2, 2015 1:38 PM EDT

To each his own. o3o

• 189 posts
    May 4, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

My tastes are pretty flexible. I generally don't listen to much in the way of country, hip hop, or metal, but there are exceptions in all three cases (especially for hip hop instrumentals). I've been listening to a good deal of piano music lately, particularly Joe Hisaishi's works as well as stuff by Philip Glass and Chopin. I also love psychedelic and neopsychedelic, surf rock, slacker rock, etc. As far as electronic stuff goes, I like downtempo, deep house, electroswing, and folktronica.

I recently discovered the vaporwave style/subgenre and am beginning to explore that a fair bit. A lot of what I listen to most can't easily be classified into a broad genre, or else falls into the sort of subgenre/style that will make you all call me a hipster. 

• 237 posts
    May 4, 2015 6:15 PM EDT
    Woot, Chopin! <3
    • 404 posts
    July 2, 2015 8:40 PM EDT

I grew up on CDB(Charlie Daniels Band), Johnny Cash, Toby Cash , and other Country music. currently on my IPhone is the Band "Queen", Elvis Presley, Weird Al, some ACDC and some soundtracks from games.

• 145 posts
    July 3, 2015 12:21 AM EDT

I don't really know how to describe the genres of music I listen to... I guess Indie/Alternative/idk? (so hipster lol)

I like a plethora of music! Some examples are Two Door Cinema Club, twenty one pilots, Mystery Skulls, Breaking Benjamin, (some) Disturbed, (some) System of a Down, Bastille, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Panic! at the Disco (is that ! still in their name? idk), Pogo, etc.

Currently listening to:

Also this is great: