Forums » The Lounge

What's Your Story?

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:09 AM EDT

I do go on Dictionary.com (in fact, it's my life saver). I mean I don't like English Language as a subject at school, where I have to write short stories and essays in just one hour and answer a bunch of questions about random texts.  I like English Literature, though, because those have classic texts, some that are really old. I love old stuff. 

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:10 AM EDT

I know right? I love it. XD

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:18 AM EDT

Ouch man, that's a lot of broken bones.  I broke an elbow doing something stupid when I was 9, but a bone in the wrist? That sounds like hell.

(Sorry man, it seems we're all most interested in your broken bones. )

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:27 AM EDT

How were your GCSE exams?? I finished my IGCSE exams last week and they were killers. X_X

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:29 AM EDT

*eye-twitch* I don't think I'm ready for the adult life...

• 627 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:33 AM EDT

They are quite interesting.  I was actually playing tennis with the cast on my wrist, the looks on some of my opponent's faces were priceless .

My sister has at times complained that she has never broken a bone, to this day I don't understand why.

• 58 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:41 AM EDT

I am Imed Lahmar an algerian berber born now lives in Dubai,UAE. I love playing saxophone, classical guitar and piano and I love jazz and cigars.

• 184 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:45 AM EDT

Tell your sister she probably will break a bone one day and she probably won't like it. 

• 77 posts
    June 14, 2015 4:19 AM EDT

Okay, Meli (real name excluded for net safety, sorry guys this IS a public site ) in a nutshell (possibly):

Just past the mid-thirty mark, born and raised in a set of towns I hated in Kent, England, finally moved out in 2012 a year before Mr. C and I got married.

Grew up with books, music, arts and crafts and one very special brother at home (total of 6 siblings) - yes I was the odd, quiet kid at school who wanted to learn.

Mum taught me about art and crafts. Dad gave me my taste in music, go from the '60s onwards, but I temporarily lost interest in "current music" in the late '90s and '00s. He also allowed me to get really involved with our first computer (Atari STE), I got to do all of the research on add-on's and upgrades. And so the interest in all things techy was born...

These days I still love arts and crafts, though until joining the blog, these were mostly for other people and not just for fun. Still have a varied taste in music, still love cars, boats and trains (Dad dug his childhood railway set out when we were old enough). Was given the opportunity to go sailing as a thank you, didn't know anyone, couldn't swim, took the bull by the horns and said yes as 2 years prior I was reminded that you only live once, loved it and 7 years later I'm still going regularly.

Oh and I'm a bean-counter or so they tell me, but I see it as a bit of bean-counting and a load of IT related stuff, been at my current company 11 years. And I'm used to being told I'm in the wrong job, but though I may have other skills which are better, I'm not at a standard to earn enough to live on

• 74 posts
    June 14, 2015 4:31 AM EDT

Not every adult life is as strange/busy as mine.

• 36 posts
    June 29, 2015 4:11 AM EDT
    I changed my alias by the way.
    • 36 posts
    June 29, 2015 4:15 AM EDT
    I don't know.
    • 36 posts
    June 29, 2015 4:16 AM EDT
    Exactly what I mean
    • 36 posts
    June 29, 2015 8:53 AM EDT
    Actually no
    • 134 posts
    July 13, 2015 2:49 PM EDT

Alright thanks, funnily some of the subjects I'm uncomfortable in were the easiest, like Biology and Geography. Guess exams work like that. :/

Do you reckon you'll do alright come August?

• 184 posts
    July 14, 2015 5:24 AM EDT

Dude I thought I would ace Biology and it killed me. I think I mightn't have even passed. OTL With English Language I thought I'd fail and I did pretty all right??

I'm not actually going to do any exams in August, haha. I don't go to school so I can just have one set of exams a year. I'm lazy as hell when other kids work their bums off. XD

And how about you? Are you prepared for August?

• 51 posts
    July 14, 2015 11:52 AM EDT

Hello everybody, my name is Scott Green. I'm 34 and live in Worcester, Massachusetts with my fiancee and our two cats. She's disabled with chronic migraines, so I'm also her caregiver (which I'm able to get paid for, thankfully).

This is pretty stressful, so games are quite an escape for me. My favorite genres are RPGs and strategy. Apart from that, I spend a lot of time watching tv/movies/Youtube/etc., playing guitar (I'm in a couple of bands, chief among them Dreaded Silence (melodic/doom metal).

Lastly, I've had a lifelong struggle with mental health and weight problems, and I started to blog about my experience with bariatric surgery a couple of years back. The updates stalled a while back, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. If it helps even one person get on the right track, that'll make the whole thing worth it to me.

Anyways, that's enough about me. Wonderful being here with such creative, welcoming people!

• 184 posts
    July 15, 2015 10:44 AM EDT

My heart goes out to you and your fiancee. Your life sounds tough and you're a champion for soldiering on nonetheless. I wish you two the best.

• 51 posts
    July 15, 2015 1:16 PM EDT

Thanks! It's certainly difficult at times, but we've got each other, and that's what matters the most.

• July 15, 2015 9:45 PM EDT

Hi there,

My name is Isaac, I am 18 years old, and I live in Arvada, Colorado. Where to start...

Well... I have been a gamer since I could remember, my first game was Star Fox 64. From Star Fox I moved on to other sci-fi titles like Star Wars Clone Wars, X-wing, and much more. I have never played an Elder Scrolls game outside of Skyrim, but it has really stuck with me, I have to have sunk in a thousand hours into this bloody game, wrote fanfiction, and drawn whatever seems interesting to me. Skyrim has brought me a lot. I've never been a particularly good gamer, but I do love them to death.

• 404 posts
    July 15, 2015 9:48 PM EDT

that is good to hear man. you should try Oblivion for the PC if you want to play another Elder Scrolls game.

• 411 posts
    February 1, 2016 3:02 AM EST
    Now, this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
    But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
    She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
    I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
    Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
    Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
    Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
    Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
    I don't think so
    I'll see when I get there
    I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
    There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
    I ain't trying to get arrested yet
    I just got here
    I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare
    But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Bel Air'