Forums » The Lounge

What's Your Story?

• 149 posts
    June 13, 2015 4:30 AM EDT

I appreciate the offer. Thanks. 

• June 13, 2015 5:31 AM EDT

DEAR GOD... I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD FIND A POST THAT DESCRIBES ME TO A TEE... EXCEPT FOR THE NAME AND FAMILY DIFFERENCE!

• 66 posts
    June 13, 2015 6:18 AM EDT

Hi, I'm Ben. I'm 25 for now, I grew up in a Navy town in Washington State, then moved to Seattle, WA for school, then to Los Angeles, CA for School again and haven't left yet. I always try to have at least one mental, physical, creative activity ongoing. So right now: structural engineering, dance, parkour, figure drawing, trying some creative writing, binge watching TV, and playing Skyrim/Diablo3/Doom2. 

I also want to get back with my Ninjitsu group, but my of love sleeping and my greatest skill, procrastinating, keep hindering me. In general, most my problems in life could be solved if I was less lazy; I'll get on that tomorrow.

• 51 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:18 AM EDT
    Well...My name is Shawn Tanglao i'm a 3rd year highschool student in the Philippines, i'm 15 years old (too young for this site..I guess)..I really dont't do that much besides playing PC games and surfing the net...I'm bad at sports...I'm fat but not obese :-) and I'm currently playing bethesda games ( elderscrolls and fallout) with a crappy PC in 800x600 resolution :-)
    • 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:39 AM EDT

I was born and raised in Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK and I am currently a High School Student. I'm welsh/english (cross country).

I don't want any discrimination towards me but I go to a SEN School. Yes. I have a Neurological Disorder Only Moderate, not severe. It's rare. They call it Mosaic Down Syndrome. I wanted to get that of my chest.

I won't reveal my real name because someone might try to find me to get attention and to discriminate me. I got to be careful.

• 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 10:53 AM EDT

I like gaming and networking (taking part in game communities). 

• 184 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:08 PM EDT

Ho

Lee

Shit

Boy do you have a lot to live up to. o_o

• 184 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

Oh my God?? How did you do all that in 32 years? O_O_O_O

• 184 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:12 PM EDT

THAT IS WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY

• 184 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:52 PM EDT
    • 237 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:58 PM EDT
    Vainglorious is a spectacular word.
    • 149 posts
    June 13, 2015 4:55 PM EDT

Does it really describe you that much? Are you sure its not just sympathy? I mean, I'm not going to claim here that I'm some beautiful and unique snowflake...

I guess there might be a lot of folks around here who are like me. I need to talk to people more. :P

• 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 7:03 PM EDT

Can't stand english language?

You might discover some new words in life. As in understand them and find out what they mean. I recommend going to Dictionary.Com on the computer. Hope your well.

• 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

The reason I don't want to reveal my age because it is a specific detail, Anyway I like to stay anonymous on the Internet

• 557 posts
    June 13, 2015 7:14 PM EDT

You're among friends here, Omdargo. No need to be afraid! 

• 130 posts
    June 13, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

Yes, tell us all your secrets... you're safe here... 

• June 13, 2015 7:22 PM EDT

No need to reveal your real name, Omdargo. Just know that no one has tried using my real name for malicious intent. Though a few of my closer friends on here did find me on Facebook.

• 485 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:31 PM EDT

I suppose now's a good a time as any to tell my story. Name's Hantz. Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. You wouldnt know it from looking at me, but Im 29 going on 30. Youth runs in the family. I've been serving in the military for about 5 years now (I wouldnt recommend it). I've been to several states and spent a year overseas in Korea. 

My hobbies, aside from Skyrim of course, include running, dog training, video games, and most recently drawing. I have the blog to thank for driving me to try my hand at drawing. 

• 743 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:40 PM EDT

Thank you for your service, good sir.

• 627 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:41 PM EDT

So that's how old you are, I've always wondered but been to lazy to ask 

• 627 posts
    June 13, 2015 9:15 PM EDT

My story is pretty uneventful but here goes. My name is Andrew and I recently turned 19 although I've been told I act like a 6 year old at times. I am currently doing a diploma of health sciences with the aim of eventually branching into psychology.

I've broken 3 bones; one of the tiny ones in my wrist, my toe (which I also dislocated at the same time) and my arm which when you looked at it you could see a bump where the bone had bent. 

I used to play tennis, but stopped about a year ago because I lost interest in it, I plan to start again eventually as I pretty much just sit around all day. I spend most of my free time either on this site or playing various games be they pc, ps3 or even on my ds. One of my hobbies is drawing (surprising I know ) which is a fairly recent addition as I hadn't really done anything other than doodling in my school books, before I posted my first one on the site back in December I think it was.

• 1217 posts
    June 13, 2015 9:42 PM EDT

Sorry, Phil, I never saw this. We lived  at RAF Lakenheath in the late 1990's. Edit: Before that image cements in your mind, I'm black, so I could only be Travis Fimmel's brother from another mother.

• 74 posts
    June 13, 2015 11:17 PM EDT

It's easy when you work two or three jobs at a time.

For example, even now I'm working full time as a wine steward while co-managing a (small) farm long-distance. Also, occassionally fixing computers and volunteering at a food bank when I can. I still log about 16-18 hours of gaming a week - mostly on my days off from the wine stewarding. And I host a weekly dinner and/or wine-tasting party for my friends (and often their friends, it's getting a bit out of hand...).

I mentioned not getting enough sleep, right?

• 63 posts
    June 14, 2015 2:08 AM EDT

well, my story...

my real name is Hayden Moore, and I will be 20 on the 20th.  i was born in Missouri, but soon moved outta there pretty quick. I've been living in arkansas since about 2003 and currently reside in the fayetteville area. as for hobbies, i love listening to metal, playing pokemon and skyrim, and making inspiring life decisions at night and doing nothing about it in the morning. 

so in short I'm a standard american with a boring real life and a vivid imaginative one. for more info on me and so i don't have to restate everything, go to my page where i explain it pretty well...

• 74 posts
    June 14, 2015 2:18 AM EDT

Those tiny bones in the wrist are a real pain to break. Not just literally. Been there, done that. Both hands.