Forums » The Lounge

Elder Scrolls VI?

• 65 posts
    March 23, 2015 10:26 PM EDT

I've been wondering for a long time now when is The Elder Scrolls VI gonna come out. Where will it be based? Well I've heard that it's called Argonia, based in Black Marsh, and is still under development. It's also supposed to be a step back from ESO and instead of an MMO it is supposed to have LAN multiplayer. What do you guys think? Where do you think it'll be, when will it be, and will it have multiplayer.

• March 24, 2015 4:43 AM EDT

Seeing as though there are already severaldiscussions just like this,I'llgive my usual answer.

I believe that if they do make a TES VI it will be based in a location that hasn't appeared in a previous TES game, such as Black Marsh, mainland Morrowind, and Valenwood. I believe that it would be released some time between March/May 2016, so pretty much one year from now. I don't think it will be a multiplayer game at all, seeing as though they already have ESO for that. If it is a multiplayer though, the chances are very slim that I'll buy it if it's anything like ESO.

• 12 posts
    March 25, 2015 12:13 PM EDT

Agreed, as much as ESO looked good in the trailers and cinematics ( which is to be expected) I dont think I would buy an Elder scrolls 6 if its's anything like ESO

• 56 posts
    March 25, 2015 12:29 PM EDT

A co-op mode or 1v1 non-competitive mode would be awesome. But apart from this I wouldn't want a multiplayer. I want to be the only hero in Tamriel :P

I would want TESVI to be somehow a sequel to Skyrim, with the Emperor being dead and the Dark Brotherhood/thieves Guild back to their old strength. The player would go back to Cyrodiil. I have no idea for a story but the character should be played the way you want just like all the other ES before.Also a save/character import from Skyrim would be awesome, so you can start with all your (vanilla) end-game gear from Skyrim (like in Witcher 2)

• 13 posts
    March 25, 2015 1:17 PM EDT

I would like something like this. A save import, but with a few options rather than a complete character swap. First you decide is your new character related to your old one. Perhaps a child or grand child coming of age. Maybe your new character isn't related and found the tomb or resting place of your old character. The end result of this is that it will set up your new characters backstory as it relates to your old one. Next you have to pick just one item from your old inventory as a relic to bring into your new game. If you are related to the old character then its a family heirloom, if not then its one of those awesome finds as an adventurer. If the item isn't named you would then get the option to name it to befit your old character's connection. There could even be reasons to have your character be related to the old one. Say that if you are related then your new character starts out with a bonus to three skills that your old character excelled at, sort of like a racial bonus thing. While if you are not related then you might get some starting gold from finding the relics in your adventures. This way the new game feels like the story didn't end you know.

As for setting, well it seems they have an entire world to play with and I'm sure it will look amazing no matter where they decide to plop us. I just want the world to continue to be immersive and open. I hate linear RPG games.

I'd like to see more combat options. Unarmed of course, a true unarmed skill set complete with various strikes that do more than just swing fast or slow. How about some spinning kicks, backhands, jabs, combinations. Targeted pressure strikes. Grapples to disarm or take down dangerous enemies.

I think there needs to be a magic overhaul. Magic to me in Skyrim felt too restricted. Blast things with one of three elements or summon something while cloaking yourself to either be hidden or for protection. I want some odd things like levitation magic. Plant based magic ect.

Better looking outfits. Let's face it most of the armors in the game could have really been awesome if not for those stupid looking helmets. You all know its true. lol And though I'm not some fanboy who wants to see boobs falling out on the battlefield I do think the ladies of the game deserve some better looking armors. Yes I know in reality female armor should cover just as much as the male versions, but lets face it. This is a fantasy game so play up the fantasy. Most of the time my female followers never wore helmets because it made them look silly to do so. Along the way they could add more slots for clothing and items. Like oh I don't know wearing more than a single ring. I mean we do have ten fingers, well most of us any way. Common sense should explain why we can wear a circlet under a hood and not a helmet for instance.

Wider choice of weapons and perks. I want single handed hammers. Spears that work like spears should. Whips. Staff. More choices. Also perks that alter combat styles with the weapons. How about for those who dual wield, a perk that allows for blocking. Maybe a perk that allows you to throw your weapon. Better have a back up after you toss it though. How about the option to dual wield shields and fight solely with those? A blow gun for poison delivery.

Also make joining a faction matter. Is it just me or was it sort of immersion breaking to become the Harbinger of the Companions and still get treated like a stable boy by a lot of people? Not to mention then waltzing into the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves guild and signing up. I mean if I become the leader of a faction known all across Skyrim I want it to be reflected as such. I honestly didn't like that you could just about every single group with the same character. It really lessened the importance of my time and quests with each faction. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to secretly be an assassin or thief while openly presenting yourself as an honorable Companion, I'm just saying it needs to be addressed. Perhaps if you get caught doing something that conflicts with your faction you get tossed out or have to do a quest to redeem yourself. Oh and while I'm ranting I really didn't like that as an assassin everybody and his orphan new who I'd killed as I strolled around the various towns.

Those are just a some of my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

• 1483 posts
    March 25, 2015 1:31 PM EDT

TES won't do that. They don't acknowledge choices at all, that's their way 

• 1 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:25 PM EDT

I don't know about you but i would like to see a elder scrolls game on the summerset isles you know because the high elves are seen so badly with the thalmor and stuff so it would be nice to see the other side of the coin

• 16 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:34 AM EDT

I personally hope that it is set in either Valenwood or Summerset Isles.

• 47 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:28 AM EDT

What I heard? Just rumors. What I want ? 

-  All out war, in Cyrodiil, between the Empire and the Thalmor

- People recognizing my role, bad or god, in changing the world and reacting based on their views or factions. No more joining every group possible.

- Decent (yes, I don`t aspect to be great) combat

- No interferences between single player and multiplayer (ME3 hint, by the way!)

- A chance to fly again and make my own spells

- NO MORE LOCKED CHESTS - I hate those, I feel a compulsion to open everything, even that I know most have crappy loot.

• 168 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:45 PM EDT

I don't think TES VI it will be a multiplayer game at all, if so it will be something like a co-op like Mass Effect 3, Fable 3 and Left 4 Death. As for the game itself, I'd like the developers to include something similar to the mods Frostfall and iNeed, as well as a skill tree for unarmed combat. And the most important: NO FACTION LOCKED PLACES, ITEMS AND POWERS.

• 13 posts
    March 26, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

I agree with you, however what if they added a mode where the second player takes on the role of a follower. A custom made follower as far as looks go, who could then level up from playing. Of course you as the main character still get all the loot and decide what gold or items to gift your follower? You can of course take them all back just as with any follower.

• 237 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:06 PM EDT

Look at Borderlands.  It's fun as heck.  It's a great singleplayer game.

But I don't play the franchise anymore.  Why?  None of my friends do.  When BL3 (or some new spinoff) inevitably comes out, we'll all go crazy on co-op for a while.

Meanwhile, I'm still playing Skyrim all the dang time.  So maybe there's some truth to what Ben's saying.

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2015 8:16 AM EDT

wait, what? TES 6?

i thought TES 5 is their last and won't have any plan to release any TES anymore.?

well if they do, then i would like it to be on Black Marsh,

and won't be a Co-op or MMO. because that sucks.

• 130 posts
    March 27, 2015 9:08 AM EDT

TES is a hugely successful series. They're not going to abandon it any time soon.

• 277 posts
    March 27, 2015 9:53 AM EDT

Yeah, so was Warcraft, the RTS.  Oh what am I saying, I had a lot of fun in WoW!

• October 16, 2015 11:41 AM EDT

Hammerfell. It's the most mentioned province in Skyrim, and I feel like they wouldn't just lead us on like that and leave us high and dry, kind of like how they kept mentioning the institute in FO3 and now in FO4 they're basing it in Boston. (It is Bethesda, though, so there's no telling if they are or aren't).

Plus it makes the most sense, what with a pro/anti-thalmor / Pro/anti-empire civil war going on, the Thalmor preparing to invade Hammerfell (and Cyrodiil), and the Redguards being at a constant state of alert to keep the Dominion out of Hammerfell. It's a lore-driven continent full of Dwemer Ruins, Redguard Ruins and Catacombs (INCLUDING THE HALL OF HEROES, we could continue the theme of Oblivion and Skyrim of traveling into other planes of existence and travel to the Far Shores) and it would give them a chance to create somehwhat of a moving vehicle (boat) system (which it seems they're doing with FO4 and vertibirds), maybe we could engage in a Naval War with the Aldmeri Dominion in the Abecean Sea, or against Redguard/Breton/Orc Pirates in the Illiac Bay Region.

• 65 posts
    January 7, 2016 11:02 AM EST

Your actually right about Hammerfell that is the most likely place Except I forgot about that because before Christmas I wasn't able to play Skyrim for 8 months. Then when I was playing I was doing the quest "In Time of Need" and I sold Saadia out and when I asked the Alik'r Why they wanted Saadia he said that she sold them out to the Aldmeri Dominion, and HOLY SHIT I hate the Thalmor I know it's a video game and all but I truly hate the Thalmor and most High Elves. So now I really want the game to be in Hammerfell.

• 268 posts
    January 7, 2016 11:09 AM EST
    What're your sources for this by the way? I've heard nothing of multiplayer or it definitely being based in black marsh.
    • 273 posts
    January 7, 2016 1:04 PM EST

Bethesda has said not to expect another TES game for a long time...

That being said, I hope it takes place in Hammerfell and that it incorporates the Dwemer (I think Hammerfell is the biggest province, so content galore!), imagine this - the Dwemer coming back from Aetherius and reclaiming their cities, this could cause massive uproar within Tamriel and possibly war with the Dwemer. Add this to the fact that the Blades are searching for the Numidium, IMAGINE SEEING THE NUMIDIUM IN NEXT GEN GRAPHICS!! This could lead to the fall of the Aldmeri Dominion.

• January 7, 2016 2:38 PM EST

I Know one thing if it os on the same basis or style as ESO Tamriel unlimited I wont be buying it, they have a great project with the ES I pray they do not bugger it all up

• 275 posts
    January 7, 2016 3:23 PM EST

From what I understand Bethesda usually copyrights the name of the next Elder Scrolls game after the release of the previous game (in this case, Skyrim). And you want to know what they copyrighted... Redguard. It is very odd given that they already have that as a game title, "The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard" for all you originals out there.

What this means... I don't know. It could mean that they are making a sequel to the original game or that they are remaking it with better graphics.

I believe they planned for it to release in March.

• 71 posts
    January 7, 2016 6:22 PM EST

Alright, here it goes.

I feel they'll set the game in Hammerfell. It hasn't been visited by a good amount of the fans, and it also makes sense with the story; Hammerfell is independent, and hates the Thalmor (and the empire, to an extent). It makes sense that a conflict could arise there, and it could even go three ways (Hammerfell gov't, Empire, or Dominion). It also would serve as a contrast to Skyrim, going from tundra to desert would be a good contrast and change of scenery. I also feel they'll avoid Black Marsh or Elsweyr, just because a game filled with beast-folk would lose it's appeal quickly to many casual fans, and it wouldn't be as marketable. They won't touch Valenwood until they have the capability to do it justice, or so I hope. I'm thinking it'll come in 2017 some time, just based on the pattern of previous releases.

What I want from it? I'm kind of picky, and my 'wants' are a far cry from some other people on this thread. No multiplayer, for me. I like my rpgs single-player, and I feel multiplayer would cheapen the experience. I also can't see how a menu shifting play style would work in co-op unless they made it real time, which would be a mistake imo (complex inventory management is a staple of rpgs). I'd like to see attributes return, and have each race feel distinct. I don't want to feel as though my argonian is as powerful as my orsimer, or that my khajiit is as naturally adept at using magic as my altmer. I'd like factions to have longer stories, and ideally, not be tied to some fate of the world/chosen one situation. Skyrim did that so much it almost felt like it was beating a dead horse. I also want them to be locked (so if you're in the Dark Brotherhood you can't be in the Thieves Guild, for example) sort of like Fallout 4, I guess. I'd like interesting companions, with personality (if Bioware can do it...) and unique combat styles. Unpopular opinion time; I don't want the main character to be anything special. No Dragonborn or anything. I want the story to deal with the politics of Tamriel, and I want my character to just end up in the whole ordeal by accident, not destiny. I'm just sort of tired of the whole chosen one thing by now, I guess. Faction/race locked quests and areas would be a plus, and really add to replay value. I don't like the whole 'you can do everything in one playthrough' style that some of Bethesda's later games have had. But the core gameplay can stay the same. Just add back some of the rpg elements stripped away from Morrowind (but don't even think about touching the dice roll combat) and pretty up the graphics and I'd probably be happy. I'm hoping for a new engine, but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything.

• 207 posts
    January 8, 2016 7:31 AM EST

I think someone mentioned once that it was copyrighted because of a planned skyrim dlc that was abandoned.

• 65 posts
    January 8, 2016 9:11 AM EST

Well Black Marsh came from a bunch of photoshopped pictures so Argonia isn't going to happen but,