Forums » Elder Scrolls

My Name...Explained

• 63 posts
    February 3, 2015 8:37 AM EST

Hey guys, i posting this on the general confusion on what to call me on chat. I've seen Kril, Krilk, Krilkaazzoor, Krilkaaz...

The Name Krilkaazzoor stems from the three dragon words: Kril (Brave), Kaaz (Cat/Khajiit), and Zoor (Legend). 

And as for what to call me from now on, let's just leave it at Krill, ok? 

• February 3, 2015 9:09 AM EST

Shouldn't this be on your profile page, I don't think that you need a whole discussion for this.

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 9:50 AM EST
    Unless you make it a thread for anyone to explain their names.
    • 116 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:28 AM EST
    My names Calo. Sounds like the game Halo...but with a "K" sound in front
    • 88 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:28 AM EST

My name stems from some obscure mix between daedric and draconic which means "Savior of the Skyrim Blog, and master Coyote".

Or it could just be my name.

Also, I am not sure you should be surprised when people call you "Krilkaazoor" ....

• 116 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:34 AM EST
    Well this discussion is turning out useful!! Haha
  • February 3, 2015 10:39 AM EST

If this is a thread, I'll have a go.

So there I was, about to make my first Skyrim character. The date was the 26 of January, the 2012th year of whatever Era we're in now. I couldn't think of a Nord name that suited my character; a bold, fearless warrior who valued friends and family above war and bloodshed. Leader, warrior, lover and yet there wasn't a name that suited him. Then I remembered the Roman Empire. There wasn't a man alive(or dead in this case) who's name suited him better than Caesar, a bold warrior who helped form an Empire. So there we have it. A brave Nordic warrior with respect for all people, regardless of age, race, gender or the pointyness of their ears, a man who would rather sacrifice himself to the Red Mountian than let his land fall to foreigners, a man who would like nothing better than to be with his children and deceased wife, but must fight nonetheless to ensure that others needn't go through what he had to. A man, unlike any other...

• 133 posts
    February 3, 2015 10:53 AM EST

My name is the name of one of my first/highest level characters. The v2 is there because now I actually post stuff

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:26 AM EST
    Ben, sometime you're gonna have to share your definition of OpSec...
    • 100 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:33 AM EST
    My name is Casey. There can only be one.
    • 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:34 AM EST
    Operations Security. It's just paradoxical that you use your real name online, but find Chrome too invasive ;D
    • 145 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:37 AM EST

I named myself Xeelus because one of my characters at the time was named Zeelus, and I just went from there. I'm not sure how I got Lonely.

I know, riveting story.

• 277 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:38 AM EST

My name is Alex, but I use Noodles a lot. I'm a big Offspring fan, hence the name, and Noodles was also the name of my best WoW character ever played, a Paladin Tank. Hehe, those were some good times!  

• 92 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:39 AM EST

• 92 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:42 AM EST

I chose my name after my canon Dragonborn, the first character I've started in the game. He's semi-retired now, chilling on his deck at Lakeview . . . or was it Heljarchen. I'll have to load him up and check. 

I didn't use my real name because I though it might cause some problems . . . being famous and all. 

• 6 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:44 AM EST

My nick is an anagram for my real name.

• 180 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:47 AM EST

My name is my Gamertag with a slight change. 

• 88 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:49 AM EST

Is your gamertag OrthrusTwisted? Or how I always read your name, TwistedOrthus (without the extra r)

• 88 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:50 AM EST

Mason is a real name?

• 88 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:54 AM EST

But your picture tells a thousand words! A thousand I tell you!

• 180 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:56 AM EST

Hello, Barter Nacho

• 180 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:58 AM EST

Nope, it is Twisted[Blank]

• 249 posts
    February 3, 2015 11:59 AM EST
    I've used this moniker for gaming ever since that cutscene in the first Devil May Cry when Alastor (a demonic sword) plunges through Dante. I liked the name and thought it fitting for a wizard which is the type of character I usually play in fantasy games

My real name is Kris.
    • 145 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:00 PM EST

My name also has nothing to do with my real name, like many peoples' names do.

• 404 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:37 PM EST
    Mine is simple, I like the ShyGuys from Mario bros series and I like Wolves.
    Did write a fan fic of a Post Apoc version of the series once, and I was the main character.