Forums » General Gaming

League of Legends

• 773 posts
    November 24, 2014 8:02 AM EST

So just this last week I decided to check out 'League of Legends'

Yeah, I know, its been around forever! But whilst I'd vaguely heard about it, I didn't know what it was and I'd certainly never played it. But now I've started, I can't seem to stop. It's so addictive!

Is anyone else playing LoL? And, if so, do you have any tips, advice or strategies for a (more or less) total noob in League of Legends?

• November 24, 2014 4:01 PM EST

Hey Paul, I've been playing League since March/April 2013. It is so fun and addicting when you first start. My advice would be never start playing ranked when you reach level 30 because it will ruin the game for you (as a lot of other players would agree).

In terms of gameplay, the most important thing in my opinion is to know your enemy. So play as many champions as you can (every available one at least once) so you get to know what their abilities are. Then when you play against them it will help you so much because you will know how to counter them. Other than that just pay attention to your mini map all the time, it really helps when you know or have an idea of where the enemy is and will save your life a lot. Try and take objectives with your team like blue buff, red buff, dragon, baron and turrets rather than just focusing on killing people.

Oh and also as you play you will get to know which champions are just overpowered or cheap *cough* master yi, teemo, jax, fiora, katarina *cough*. So basically just learn to stay away from those champions or shut them down early on in the game before they become a threat.

Hope you have fun :) If you want some friends on there and you're on NA my name is Silver Sanctuary, if you're on EUW my name is I Dig Graves

• 130 posts
    November 24, 2014 4:19 PM EST

I'm playing League, and here's what I recommend. Either A) have a friend who's a veteran and try to coax him/her into teaching you everything they know or B) look up guides for EVERYTHING until you reach around Level 30. What server are you on, BTW?