Forums » Elder Scrolls

The first time you played Skyrim

• 17 posts
    July 25, 2014 6:35 PM EDT
    I remember the first time I played skyrim. 11.11.11. I believe it was a Friday. Yes, Friday, just checked the calendar. The first few hours were beautiful. I distinctly remember making a Dunmer spellsword and getting to level 9, at which point I toppled a giant. Then the restartitis kicked in. I then made a bosmer archer, a nord warrior and an altmer Mage. They reached level 4,2 and 2. Then I made a Redguard berserker who got to level 18, at which point I went back to Oblivion. I was so stupid. I snubbed skyrim. WHY?
    I'm sorry, Alduin....I'm sorry Paarthurnax... I'M SORRY, SKYRIM BLOG!!!
    I returned to my senses when I found this place (actually a little bit before).
    If I had not snubbed Skyrim, surely I would have done more by now? Surely I would be a much better player? Surely I would be playing on master by now?
    I'm sorry....don't judge me.
    I'm also sorry for going a bit off topic.
    • 4 posts
    July 25, 2014 10:31 PM EDT

I rented the game from a rental shop shortly after release.I was amazed at how many things I could do. My own little personal world right on my console.Since then I've converted to PC and with the excellent modding community Skyrim has I still have this sense of awe every now and then.It truly is a great game.

• 145 posts
    July 25, 2014 10:34 PM EDT

The first time I played Skyrim, I hadn't played many games like that before (I mostly played things like Nintendo). My first character was an Argonian named Prisoner, and I got her to level 7. Then I got off for a long time. One day I was like, "Man, I wish I owned Skyrim! Oh wait, I do!" So I booted her up and my adventure with Foo the Khajiit began!

And then I made over 30 characters.

Most of them I loved to play on (i.e. Radvir Rock-Breaker, my Nord mage, and his son, Tryggvar Ice-Melter, also a Nord mage ).

• 149 posts
    July 27, 2014 5:32 PM EDT

I didn't get Skyrim on the day it was released. But I badly wanted to.

I ended up waiting until Christmas to get the game because it would be too great of a distraction during semester finals. I spent the next month or so looking up articles, watching lets plays, planning my character, and ultimately hyping myself out on the game even more... 

Not exactly a great way to wait for something, but it helped to actually make playing the game that much more enjoyable. When at last the time came, I was ecstatic.

The two games I got that year at Christmas were Skyrim and MW3 (I used to like cod a good bit - still do, but I don't really play anymore). Of my time spent playing those games, Skyirm dominated. I received a new graphics card and surround-sound headset as gifts that year as well. Both of these things lent well to the immersion of the experience (especially the headset - it really complemented the game's sound design). I played for days on end as long as I could.

No other game has yet to produce such an experience as Skyrim did. There's a reason its my favorite game of all time.