Forums » General Gaming

Most intense boss fight in any game?

• 1441 posts
    May 24, 2014 2:38 AM EDT
    For those of us,there are boss fights which are so easy, a blind lobotomized infant monkey with only one paw could solve, and there are those that are nail bitingly difficult. What I want to know, is what is the most intense, sweat pouring down your body boss fight you've ever had the (dis)pleasure of going through? Or me, it's the Last of Us, David fight, stage three. Alright, in this stage, David can use the Listen ability, you have only a knife, medkits, and whatever bottle or brick you pick up. Even the teensiest movement can send Davey scurrying for Ellie's location. On Easy, you can easily crack a bottle or brick in this dude's jimmies, and shank him, ending the fight. On normal and higher, to my knowledge, you are horseapples out of luck, as you can't. One guy I found managed to get David to wait, looking for Ellie near his hiding place on Survivor. Carefully, he snuck up behind and shanked David. How bout you guys, what is the most heart pounding boss fight you've had to endure?
    • 62 posts
    May 24, 2014 2:46 AM EDT

First thing that comes to mind? My first ever master difficultly playthrough. Zero magic resistance. A high elf named Orchendor. Much blood shed and gnashing of teeth.

I've probably fought harder battles since, but that one stands out in my mind at the minute. 

On edit: Sorry, I didn't realise this wasn't a Skyrim thread. In that case, I'll have to give it some thought. One I recall being a right pain in the backside was the end boss from the first Gears Of War, especially on higher difficulties. An absolute bitch to kill... and not in an enjoyable way either.  It was as tedious as it was frustrating.

• 1441 posts
    May 24, 2014 2:51 AM EDT
    "I am, The Great Mighty Poo"-The Great Mighty Poo, Slop Soprano.
    • 1441 posts
    May 24, 2014 3:03 AM EDT
    It's from Conker's Bad Fur Day
    • 62 posts
    May 24, 2014 3:04 AM EDT

It's in reference to the song he sings.

A soprano is female operatic singer with a very high range and pitch. 

... and a HBO gangster. 

• 62 posts
    May 24, 2014 3:27 AM EDT

N64 classic. Toilet humour - pun intended - is the order of the day. This is the great mighty poo singing his battle anthem. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w&feature=kp

• 75 posts
    September 9, 2014 8:10 PM EDT

I don't remember all of the intense fights, a lot of them were raids in WoW, it got super difficult on some raid bosses, and then the thought of doing it all over again for that 1% chance drop drove me mad.

• 12 posts
    September 9, 2014 8:42 PM EDT

Any stage six Touhou boss... especially Remilia. Can't beat the game on normal without a continue though because I can't get past the stage 5 boss Sakuya. :/