Forums » General Gaming

Ultima 9: Ascension, worse than Duke Nukem Forever?

• 1441 posts
    May 11, 2014 6:45 PM EDT
    Now, most people who have played or seen Spoony's review of the game know how bad the game is. Now, one thing I can justify, or rather two, is the Avatar not knowing things he should, and him waking up in his room. In many games, dialogue appears where your character asks something about the lore they should probably know, like how the DB asks about the Blades. This works, since, from a meta standpoint, new players to the series won't know what these things are. Granted, long time fans will be pissed, but hey.

On the Avatar waking up in his home in Texas, or whatever state Spoony said, we don't know when the Avatar returned as the Element of Magic (and he's not Twilight Sparkle), so yeah.

And I just remembered something else I can justify. Richard Garret, the inagme avatar of the series founder, looking so old, when the game was in dev, the Guardian's forces attacking constantly would age the character, as war tends to do.

But, is it really that bad of a game! Granted, since Richard Garret, the series founder left the project when it was being developed, that's kind of a bad sign....