Forums » General Gaming

Project Beast

• 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 8:19 PM EDT

Read about it here.

This, as of now is a rumor, but it seems that the next Souls game is being developed. There are a few things that point to this being Demon Souls 2, which could be true since it seems to have Sony backing up the developments, and the Demon Souls tittle is owned by Sony. The word shotguns was also thrown around, and in one of the screenshots the character looks to be wielding such firearm. I want to know your opinion on this.

What I really want to know as well is how do you guys think the whole idea of firearms would be incorporated, bad thing? Good thing? Let me know.

• 104 posts
    May 8, 2014 8:53 PM EDT
    Good thing. Dark Souls meets Fable? I'm in.

It is the future of gaming IMO. I'm thinking a big technology/sorcery boom in gaming is otw.

-> Destiny will set the precedent

Hopefully the next ES game incorporates more technology such as what the Dwemer had.
    • 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:01 PM EDT

I was thinking it would be an interesting thing too. Especially if they are balanced, I can see some slow flintlock weapons being a very nice addition to pvp. 

A situation where a pure swordsman meeting a pure gunslinger would be very interesting in a souls setting, especially with the souls gameplay.

• 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:02 PM EDT

Would also be very nice to deal with those pesky sorcerers... 

• 661 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:10 PM EDT
    Lolwut
    Dude, swordpansy will get gunned down.
    • 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:14 PM EDT

Invincibility frames will save me from all your bullets. Have you ever played a souls game?

• 661 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:15 PM EDT
    heh heh, no.... :p
    • 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:15 PM EDT

Then wtf are you doing here?

• 661 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:20 PM EDT
    heh, i dont even know... *Slinks away*
  • May 8, 2014 9:35 PM EDT

Aren't there no invincibility frames in Dark Souls 2? 

• 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:38 PM EDT

What? Who told you that, of course there are...

• 360 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:38 PM EDT

The whole point of adaptability is to increase these frames.

• May 8, 2014 10:03 PM EDT

Well, I haven't gotten past level 80 with either of my two characters, and neither of them have more than maybe 10-13 adaptability.

Rolling out of the way of attacks seems a lot easier though anyway, with all the large knight like enemies and players with greatswords it's pretty easy to dodge under attacks.

Don't remember where I heard it, thought it was true because I noticed that I couldn't really dodge through attacks DS1 style. Guess I need to either pump adaptability or get used to the low frames

• 360 posts
    May 9, 2014 6:29 AM EDT
    Pump adapt, it makes the game much faster