Forums » Elder Scrolls

Craglorn Lore?

• 77 posts
    April 9, 2014 2:07 AM EDT

So about ESO's first patch trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/2ampjn/the-elder-scrolls-online-craglorn-adventure-zone-trailer

Craglorn, said to lie between Hammerfell and Cyrodiil, is an area filled with magical (Redguard?) ruins and the city of Belchard. The constellations are said to be missing from its sky, with the warrior, mage, thief, and serpent constellations playing a part in the central mystery.

The trailer showed atronachs as well as a Mora-esque tentacle creatures and statues, so presumably it has a connection to Apocrytha, no?

I was wondering if Craglorn and Belchard are previously established in the lore (links?) or is Zenimax just making it all up to say they're working on something?

• 1483 posts
    April 9, 2014 6:39 AM EDT

According to this, it includes Dragonstar and Elinhir which puts it on a northeast part of Hammerfell (see the map below). It may include Shadow Magic because "it is common around the Hammerfell-Skyrim-High Rock border, but is rarely used elsewhere". Other than that I believe there were no lore sources outside ESO referencing Craglorn. One ESO source is A Life of Strife and Struggle.

• 77 posts
    April 10, 2014 2:45 PM EDT

Thanks for the info. I remember when people still thought Redguard was going to be another DLC and that it might feature shadow magic. I wonder if shadow magic can mess with constellations.

It's disappointing that Craglorn is something made up for the sake of a raid dungeon, but if the story is good it'll be no problem. I'm still curious what Belchard is (if I'm even spelling it right). I wonder how it relates to the extermination of Craglorn as mentioned in that book you linked. We'll have to wait and see.