Forums » General Gaming

The Skyrim Challenge Thread

• 1 posts
    March 9, 2014 6:36 PM EDT

I remember when Nintendo Power was still around that they once had a column devoted to challenges people made each other, like speed runs or things like that. So I thought it might be interesting if we did something similar.

Post your challenge here, or the results of your attempt/successful completion of a challenge someone else posted.

Proof of success is appreciated, but due to the existence of photoshop it might be tricky, so I'll consider it optional. Prizes are optional too.

The Falkreath Thievery Challenge

Basically, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to rob the village of Falkreath blind in one night, starting around 6/8PM (game time) and ending at about 3AM (also game time). Here are the rules:

1.) All pockets must be picked (except for guards; also, no need to take everything from the pockets. At least one item per pocket is acceptable) and all containers must be emptied; stealing things off shelves is optional.

2.) No console cheats or thievery/sneaking mods allowed, save for making your carry weight infinite.

3.) If you get caught or seen by a guard or a mark, it's over.

4.) NO INVISIBILITY POTIONS and NO ENCHANTED ARMOR TO IMPROVE SNEAKING ABILITY. This is a test of your own skill.

5.) Bonus points for stealing from the Jarl's mansion, but you don't have to if you don't think you have time.

6.) No killing NPCs. Animals are fine, so long as it doesn't get you caught.

The time to beat for the theft spree is 4 Hours in-game time. Can you do better?

• 1483 posts
    March 9, 2014 7:15 PM EDT

What do you mean by "seen by a guard"? They can see you but you can pickpocket safely in the game. Do you want to say that the eye needs t be closed?

Also does skill level in sneak and pickpocket matter?

• 185 posts
    March 9, 2014 7:24 PM EDT
    Maybe we need to have at least 1000 bounty in the hold, so the guards attack if we are detected.