Forums » Elder Scrolls

The DLC you wished we had!

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 8:56 PM EST

I had some interesting talks with friends about possible DLC features/plots, and thought it might be fun to see what you all think!

So, if you could have an additional DLC for Skyrim of your own design, what would it be?

Personally, along the lines of Hearthfire, I think it would have been fun to be able to rebuild Helgen with yourself as the 'jarl' (Or...mayor, since it's not its own Hold.) and get citizens to move in and assign NPCs/Followers positions like Captain of the Guards, steward, housecarl and other jobs, as well as choose additions to the town, things like that. Might be a bit overboard on the whole Hearthfire thing, but I always thought rebuilding Helgen would have been a fun feature.

So, what ideas would you guys like to have seen implemented in existing DLC? What ideas do you have for additional DLCs?

• 338 posts
    February 1, 2014 9:32 PM EST

1. City of Blacklight and surrounding area.

2. Areas in eastern Hammerfell. The city of Dragonstar and possibly Elinhir.

3. Parts of High Rock, like Jehanna and Farrun.

4. Areas in northern Cyrodiil. 

5. And if we were really, really lucky, parts of the Isle of Roscrea. 

Basically I just don't want to feel like I am trapped within the borders of Skyrim.

• 79 posts
    February 1, 2014 9:34 PM EST

Morrowind revisited, Daggerfell revisited, Arena revisited, etc..

• February 1, 2014 9:43 PM EST

I wouldn't mind the Hammerfell we were promised. 

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 9:46 PM EST

So far, sounds like everyone is interested in DLC that expands the map and lets us go to other regions. Interesting! That would definitely be fun! 

• 194 posts
    February 1, 2014 10:15 PM EST

Going all in. Emperor of Tamriel.

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 10:29 PM EST

That sounds glorious. I'd be all about that.

• 159 posts
    February 1, 2014 10:34 PM EST

Hmm..... More jobs and and careers dlc.....or perhaps expanded argorinian and khajit breeds and types would be awesome

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 10:44 PM EST

I think it would have been cool to have more careers, definitely. And if not more varieties of the beast races, maybe more NPC representation for them! Like followers and potential spouces and maybe adoptable kids?

• 622 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:26 AM EST

II would have liked the DLCs to be bigger. Dragonborn is huge but the MQ is lacking. Likewise, DG is small but has a long questline. 

I always thought DB would be better if Miraak won the final fight and Mora has to rescue you from him. When you woke up, turns out Solesthium has been overrun by dragons and Miraak's followers with only a small rebellion of forces attempting to fight back.

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:32 AM EST
    I would have liked to have seen a flashback to him fighting the tongues and destroyed them.
    • 61 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:53 AM EST

Going in to High Rock somehow. Dawnguard was about vampires/werewolves, Dragonborn was about your role as Dragonborn and expanding upon the main quest. Both DLCs fit into most playstlyles (e.g. there isn't a DLC about being a mage or being an assassin), and both DLCs expand upon a gameplay function that is usuable by everyone. We have to think what else we could easily intergrate to the game that expands upon this. We could have a story based expansion of shouts, but that's about all I can think.

Personally, what I'd really like is being caught in an ambush (again) and taken off to either Hammerfell or Cyrodil to fight as a gladiator, you start off with no weapons except ones you can pick up from the bodies of other gladiators and your fighting many other new victims. As you progress you can buy new armour and weapons.  You're only allowed one set of armour, and one set of weapons, meaning two hands worths of weapons or shields. There would also be a black market, where you could buy things such as potions and poisons, scrolls and daggers (that can be concealed). Scrolls would be useful because there would be soul gems around the side of the arena that would absorb anyone's magicka. For a very high price you can send your equipment off to the areana smiths for them to improve you weapons and armour, or for a wizard to enchant them. You would be able to shout, and when the areana realises that you are Dragonborn they keep you, as you become a fan favourite. In the end, there is a moment much like The Pitt from Fallour 3, where you can either choose to rebel or to join the Areana Lord as the Champion.

• 11 posts
    February 2, 2014 5:58 AM EST

hmm.... I would want a DLC that lets you eventually become high king of skyrim. It would take place after the civil war questline and main questline and depending on who you sided with during the civil war would change the DLC questline.

If you side with the empire, jarl Elsif could beome marriageable or she could feel that wou would be better at ruling skyrim. You would then wipe out the stormcloaks and ban talos worship with the imperial army behind you.

If you sided with Ulfric, the stormcloaks could revolt as they feel the dragonborn is a better ruler of skyrim then Ulfric, who just sat in his castle and didnt directly help in the war. You would then drive out the imperials and thalmor.

Either way you would rule skyrim, rebuild cities damaged in the civil war, maybe go to cyrodiil to make peace or declare war and above all else generally be a badass.

Or a DLC involving the psjics and maybe somehow joining them.

Those are just my thoughts 

• 585 posts
    February 2, 2014 6:25 AM EST
    I would've like to have a DLC which let's you have civilian jobs, and the jobs could effect the surrounding area. For example if you were a builder you could choose where to build your house or something along those lines and build it.

I would also like to see parts of Valenwood explored, and the Bosmer living there could react to you in different ways. Argonians would be mistrusted if not attacked on sight in certain areas, if you used wood you would be scorned etc.
  • February 28, 2015 5:14 PM EST

Maybe some sort of Akavir Exstention.

Perhaps you would take the Boat to Solstheim, and a Random, (Maybe 2/30 Chance) Storm would role in. You would awake surrounded by the wreckage of the boat, and would be the only survivor, On the Shoreline of one of the four Nations of Akavir. You would have to choose a side, and fight through every Enemy in your way to Get back to Skyrim.

Or something like that.