Forums » General Gaming

Which hold were you born in?

• 127 posts
    January 9, 2014 9:34 PM EST
    :o
  • January 10, 2014 8:46 AM EST

Well, thank you

Actually, no. I'm relatively new to the blog and haven't posted much yet, I am struggling to write quality literature in English (I'm German).

• 39 posts
    January 10, 2014 9:16 AM EST
    I was born in the blue palace in solitude and heir to the throne.
    • 61 posts
    January 10, 2014 11:47 AM EST

I was born to an impregnated vagrant and was taken in by the temple of Kynareth in Whiterun. I left eventually to become a merchant as I had always dreamed of being.

• 36 posts
    January 10, 2014 12:08 PM EST
    I sure did!
    • 36 posts
    January 10, 2014 12:17 PM EST
    I was born in the slums of elsweyr. When my families house burned down only me and my brother escaped. We started to live in the sewers, catching mice with our claws. Live was hard and we were getting sickly ill. One day we happened to steal a coin purse. We ate like kings that night and got a nice warm bed at a inn. We were so happy. Ever since then we started to make petty thefts every now and then to make a living. Right now I am writing this from my cell, awaiting for my execution. My brother died some time before and everything went downhill. But I will not die like this. My head will not roll tomorrow. I have one lock pick left and the door to the east of my cell is weak and crumbling. I will become a legend, I will not be known as a petty theif who died a theif. No. Tonight I live....
  • January 10, 2014 1:04 PM EST
    • 36 posts
    January 10, 2014 1:22 PM EST
    It is! I was wondering if someone would figure it out. That's my favorite book in all of tamreil!
    • 5 posts
    January 13, 2014 4:29 AM EST

I am Khajiit. I was born in Anvil and I lived in Benirus Manor. My English isn’t very good since it’s not my native language as I speak khajiiti language. What I heard from neighbors gossip, that old manor once haunted and cleared by my great grandfather. My parents are khajiit merchant that runs cargo shipping to and from Hammerfell and Valenwood. My great grandfather is a khajiit called The Terror of Tamriel and was a Champion of Imperial City Arena around 200 years ago. When I was a kitten, I have sailed across Abecean Sea with my parents until those mer from Aldmeri Dominion attacked Anvil. It was when I separated with my parents and lost them. I want revenge.

I went to Imperial City where those Aldmeri people stayed there. I saw those mer arrest many nords about Talos worshipping. I’ve heard many whispers from taverns to inns that many nords want to cross to Skyrim through Bruma, to return to their homeland where Talos hadn’t been banned and to join The Stormcloaks where people fought against Aldmeri Dominion.

I don’t really care about religion. So, I decided to join those nords in hope to avenge my parents. I take any job I can find and save up money for my revenge journey. I sharpen my skill by clearing dungeons and joined any guild I can find.

But something I’ve learned that Stormcloaks didn’t fight against Aldmeri Dominion. They fought for Skyrim’s freedom against their own kinsmen. Me, khajiit never fight against our own kinsmen. And I’m too late to turn back. The Imperial army caught me with those Stormcloaks. They took all my belonging and that nord named Hadvar even said: Looks like all khajiit always have trouble with them.

And for the worse, I took wrong door that let me escaped Helgen with Hadvar!

Okay, at least he is not as racist as other nords from Skyrim. So I went to Whiterun to report to the Jarl about dragon attack and the story goes as you all know it well.

Sorry if too long

• 69 posts
    January 13, 2014 4:38 AM EST

You write better than most born english speakers. 

• January 13, 2014 8:07 AM EST

Maybe because they are not paying attention to what they write

• 5 posts
    January 16, 2014 5:15 AM EST

May your road leads you to warm sand, kinsmen.

• 127 posts
    January 17, 2014 9:33 AM EST

In Skyrim?  I was born in Solitude to a couple of alchemists who had set up shop.  Though I was gifted in the craft and had some talent in magic, I didn't pursue either as I had other ideas, namely the Bard's college.  I now write the tales of adventurers who have had too much to drink at the Winking Skeever as 'historical' fiction.

• 61 posts
    January 17, 2014 12:25 PM EST

+1

• 61 posts
    January 17, 2014 12:40 PM EST

Breton born in the Reach, living as a traveller, either sleeping at inns or camping in the woods, awaiting contracts. I'm the Dark Brotherhood's on the scene man, can be at anywhere in Skyrim completely unoticed withing a day. No way of tracking or killing me, I am a ghost, living off of the food I hunt and the water of the mountains. I use magic to slip in through the walls of the cities without a soul noticing, and slip out just as easily. I watch you from the roof, I watch you from the gutter. I watch you in the alleys and in the crowd. No one is safe.

Also I ride a giant green chicken.

• 1913 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:19 PM EST
    Considering where I live, the overall mood, and weather?... Dawnstar fits perfectly
    • 152 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:27 PM EST

I would say Solitude, to Breton and Nordic parents. As with most of Breton decent, I had latent magical skills, but I had the unusual gift of tapping them early in my life. So, as soon as I was old enough, I was sent of the College of Winterhold, familiar in tow.

• 6 posts
    January 18, 2014 12:33 PM EST

On my RP characters, I usually never have a backstory that includes being in Skyrim for any notable length of time, simply because the game is set there. Sooner or later you should have met someone who knew you, which obviously doesn't happen.

However, the few times I do make a Skyrim born character, I tend to go with being from a very secluded Nord village that is mostly separated from the rest of Skyrim. I know there is at least one village like that in the lore somewhere, but I can't remember its name.

• 127 posts
    January 21, 2014 12:15 AM EST
    So... Lizard Nord babies?
    • 3 posts
    January 28, 2014 6:45 PM EST

Definitely Falkreath. Roleplaying a hunter is awesome in this hold, and mods like Hunterborn really improve the mechanics in game

• 41 posts
    January 28, 2014 7:51 PM EST
    I would say born in windhelm but raised in whiterun I'm not sure about the rest, moms a teacher, dad is a nurse, I'm still in high school but I play bass, and learning auto and construction so maybe a nord who helps build and repair everything who is a bard on the side maybe? Idk lol
    • 338 posts
    January 28, 2014 8:09 PM EST

Why can't I be born in Morrowind and move to Skyrim? If that was the case, I would live in Whiterun maybe, or maybe Markarth. 

• 14 posts
    January 28, 2014 9:19 PM EST

I was born in Dawnstar and as a young boy i learned how to hunt and track through the snowy mountains as a teenager i was sent to live with my older brother in falkreath he would teach me to hunt and track and sharpen my skills with my bow

• 74 posts
    February 18, 2014 10:06 PM EST
    New York, so Solitude maybe, but right now it feels like Winterhold.

Ah, you meant want to have been born in. In that case, either one of those for access to their respective colleges. Right now I'm on a bard kick so, most likely Solitude.
    • 93 posts
    February 18, 2014 10:25 PM EST

I like the Rift. I'd like to hail from there, maybe from a place like Shor's Stone or a small family farm or something! Or maybe Whiterun/Falkreath Hold. I dunno.