Forums » The Lounge

How old are you?

• 773 posts
    November 6, 2011 3:45 AM EST

Yeah just that really.

I thought it would be interesting to get a sense of the age spread here on the site.

I'll gladly give my own age in due course, but there'll be a special shout out to anyone who thinks that they can guess it 

So, how old are you then? And at the same time feel free to tell us a bit about yourself if you like - whether you are at school, college, in work, homemaker etc

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:31 AM EST

I'm 16, and I hope I can still keep my GPA up with Skyrim coming out so close to my finals...

• November 6, 2011 11:36 AM EST
    21 0n Nov. 13th- Gonna buy me some Viking Blood (mead)
  • November 6, 2011 11:38 AM EST
    Oh and i first started Elder Scrolls at age 13 in 6th grade. A new friend told me about a game where you can do watever you want and if you stole items. Guards would chase you. That game was Morrowind :)
    • 80 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:40 AM EST

I am 42, and I envision Paul as older than myself based on the maturity of his approach and outlook, and also because he has the free time to run this site, which is a HUGE amount of work. Just moderating one group is huge, and Paul seems to keep tabs on the entire site. This, to me, says either retired or independently wealthy.

• November 6, 2011 11:42 AM EST

Im 23!

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:42 AM EST

18, although turning 19 only 9 days after Skyrim is released. xD

• 773 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:47 AM EST

Neither of those things PJ

I answered my age earlier (its 52) but I have a full time job and certainly no wealth! But I work from home and I can multi-task a lot. I also put ALL of my spare time into this site

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:49 AM EST

Just realized I'm about 7 years younger than everyone else....

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:56 AM EST

17 Years old.  Skyrim will be the first game I can buy by myself! 

• 4 posts
    November 6, 2011 11:59 AM EST
    il be 17 on the weekend of skyrim =)
    • 15 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:01 PM EST

I'm 17 years old, currently doing nothing, except waiting on possibly most amazing game I will play, ever, Skyrim.

• 3 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:04 PM EST
    I just turned 19 on the 28th of October. I'm currently working part time at the local Gamestop and full time as a Cashier's Supervisor at the local Rural King. Looking to start college or trade school next semester. Think about being a modern day blacksmith. They don't get to make cool swords and armor anymore, but it still seems interesting enough. :-)
    • 3 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:05 PM EST

I'm 24, I study computer sciences and hope to get into the industry eventually one way or another. I have already "coached" my girlfriend whom I live with to accept that she will see less of me in our own house very, very soon. Got the coming weekend free of all tasks and duties, and my body is ready now.

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:07 PM EST

Wow, the range of ages that I have seen on here is quite amazing.  I didn't look at all the posts but from I gathered, age ranges from 14 to 48.  I am 29, and still older than the average player on this site.  I am a teacher, no kids, unfortunately no pets (not allowed where I live), and no girlfriend........  so almost no responsibilities taking me away from anything I want to do. So, other than the weekend excursions to try to find somebody significant, I have most of the day to spend on Skyrim. 

Oh, 29 and single, not the way to go. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:08 PM EST

Lucky man.

• 6 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:09 PM EST

I'm 18 and I'm at university (we don't have colleges) and about to sit for tons of exams D: I'll be free around december so Skyrim will have to wait :( Hope I can manage to keep myself spoiler-free lol 

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:10 PM EST

14 my good sir

• 15 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:12 PM EST

I'm fifteen. No job, I don't even feel like competing with the adults who want a job at McDonalds working 8 hours a day for minimum wage.

I also seem to be one of the only people who understands how bad the James BLonde movies are. (He doesn't even know how to stalk someone; isn't that part of your Mi6 training?) Don't get me started on the Batman movies... (He typed, not realizing he was getting himself started...)

I also like to write. (Waiting for Skyrim, I have produced random backstories for my characters, but realized that I don't know enough about Skyrim to continue them.)

That started with "I'm fifteen," then dissolved into random other stuff. Sorry...

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:14 PM EST

I'am a 20y old male from the Skyri..eh..Sweden and I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced back in..a while back ;) Huge morrowind and oblivion fan and a modder.

I'am living with my girlfriend and i just started to look for new employment, hopefully i will get a job at game/gamestop ^^

I think Paul is 27, just a hunch  

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:23 PM EST

This winter will be my 26th and I'm an author, a book editor and the cofounder of a small independant publishing house called La maison des viscères that specializes in extreme horror and bizarro (in french).

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:26 PM EST

I'm 19, turning 20 in a month's time. I'll start studying medicine by the 1st of February.

But untill then... I've got all the time in the world for Skyrim :P So screw all you guys with jobs keeping society going - I get to dive into the game 24/7 for the next month after release !!!

(Oh, and my 50 year old father actually also uses this account from time to time... so average account age would be something along the lines of 35 years for me lol)

• 10 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:33 PM EST

15, I will be 16 in May and Paul i'm guessing you're in your late 20's or early 30's

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:35 PM EST

17 and starting me exams the day before Skyrim comes out...... -_-

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2011 12:38 PM EST

Im 26. I'll be 27 in January.