Forums » General Gaming

talos yes or no ??

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:31 PM EDT

What does Paarthurnax have to do with the training? Even as Dragonborn, you aren't allowed to see him until your thu'um is focused enough to part the winds surrounding the peak. Why would they let some young cub, fir whom it'd take most of his life to learn the simplest of shouts be ushered to the summit to commune with a dragon?

If you haven't already, you should read the Thalmor dossier on Ulfric and the reports on the civil war. The Thalmor want the war to drag on for as long as possible. While his rebellion isn't hindering their plans, a Stormcloak victory would prove just as unsavory if not more than an Imperial victory in Skyrim.

About the High King. It's tradition for the jarls to meet and elect a High King, but in reality it's the Emperor who chooses the High King (for hundreds of years it's traditionally been the jarl of Solitude), and the other jarls go along with it. There is no democracy in Skyrim governance. There is tradition from before the Third Empire, for High Kings to be challenged and deemed unfit to rule by their jarls.

This is a warrior culture who values honor and strength. If you cannot rule with either, you do not deserve your crown. In Skyrim you earn your respect through blood and valor. Ulfric shows respect and treats honorably those who have earned it from him, and just about every nord out there is the same.

Please, hold off on the name calling and Stormcloak bashing. While I'd agree that his rebellion was ill-conceived and timed, I respect the man and his followers for their desire to strike out for themselves and be independent once more. Take a moment to read and understand the character, to learn the history to see why his views are the way they are.

• 152 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:31 PM EDT

Just because Paarthunax hasn't taught anyone, doesn't mean one of the Greybeards didn't teach him.

Most of what I have noticed with Ulfric's supporters is more of a panic induced racism, because their culture is being threatened on an extremely fundamental way. Not an deep, inbred racism inherent to their culture. They do have a mistrust of the elves in general, for good or bad reasons, which is where the now racism has sprung. Unfortunately, the Argonians and Khajiit have gotten caught up within that swell

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:32 PM EDT

The Tribunal has been dead or missing for the last 200 years, before the Thalmor came to power.

• 152 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:33 PM EDT

Hear hear! I might be a staunch supporter of the Empire, but I respect Ulfric's cause all the same.