Forums » General Gaming

Most hated character

• 1913 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:19 PM EDT
    the last time she gave orders she lost her whole team (eden prime)... so it is understandable she wont feel comfurtable with it
    • 1483 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:24 PM EDT

I had Ashley alive on all my ME3 playthroughs. I'm going to sacrifice her in my next trilogy playthrough though. I don't know the way she talks about Shepard being with Cerberus is getting on my nerves. Kaiden will say the same things, but at least I can stand him, Ashley's second-guessing is just maddening!

• 88 posts
    June 29, 2013 7:18 PM EDT
    Not all of them, Sophie from Windhelm is an example.
    • 111 posts
    June 30, 2013 4:40 AM EDT

I accept what you say but Vegas had a similar problem that led to his nomination for N7 training. He manages to work through it - Ashley as you say can't shake it off or at least put it behind her and move on quite as well

I write poetry myself, but as I'm lousy reciting it I usually get someone else to read it on air. Kimberly Brooks is a superb voice actress and I think she fits better into the ME culture than the wealthier and more publicised Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Dexter etc). But I just wish she'd keep her poetry quotes to solo efforts in the bath!!

• 1913 posts
    June 30, 2013 12:23 PM EDT
    kaiden sounded like he was going to cry and that he was a smoker (his voice naturally sounds whiny and like a smoker...)
    • 1913 posts
    June 30, 2013 12:26 PM EDT
    well think of it this way... all james saw was his troops die... ashley saw civilians and her troops die, and the ones that didnt die became husks so she had to kill them personally... that could break someone...
    • 1595 posts
    June 30, 2013 12:40 PM EDT

I resented James' presence in ME 3 the first time, I thought all that space he took up could have gone to Zaeed or another of my old team. It wasn't until I saw Paragon Lost that I really got to like him. Now I think he's cool.

I'm with Bryn on the Ash issue; she's just too deep for most people to get

I do like Kaiden though.

• 1483 posts
    June 30, 2013 3:01 PM EDT

I don't hate Ash, she's a cool character and I completely understand her issues with aliens. Like I said I had her on all my ME3 playthroughs. But the way she thinks about Cerberus is just crazy. I mean, even after you kill a bunch of their troops disrupt their plans she continues to make suggesting comments that you can't be trusted either. I just grew tired and never use her on my team. James is a cool guy, I never hated him the way others do, and after seeing Paragon Lost I really like him, like Phil.

• 9 posts
    June 30, 2013 7:24 PM EDT
    Kaepora Gaebora, the owl from the Zelda series. He always gave me paragraphs of unwanted advice, stop me at the most inconvenient times, and I would accidentally press "Yes I want to hear this huge long story of how to press the B button again." Every single time. And this is why I hate that owl more than anything in the world!
    • 111 posts
    June 30, 2013 7:28 PM EDT

I had the same initial reaction to James's presence - What on earth is this guy doing in the game at this stage? Saw Grunt as a candidate for weapons master in the cargo bay, but the Alliance Normandy needed to have more Human military personnel in it. Also felt slightly similar about Cortez but they turned out to be integral to the plot. Zaeed? just another useful hardass amoral pirate merc

I do get Ash and the important moral and spiritual compass she provides (if you want to listen to and embrace some or all of her views). Ashley is along with Tali, the most vulnerable, and emotive crew member, and is easily manipulated by NPCs like the hated Udina. Unlike Tali she doesn't see her new rank as one that carries greater if not more overwhelming responsibility

That's really what I love about ME the strength and depth of the NPC characters in the game and the opportunity you get to really interact with them. What would Skyrim have been like for role players with some of that? In Skyrim (and in Oblivion) you just don't get to that level of relationship with NPCs (if you choose to take followers). Even the most popular companion mods tend to provide chatterbox airheads  rather than a personality with particular character traits.

• 5 posts
    August 5, 2013 5:00 AM EDT

Well,I don't know,but I don't like Malik from Assassin's Creed. I know everyone loves him but that's exactly why I hate him. Once I got to his bureau and he says: Rest, prepare,cry in the corner.Whatever it is that you do before a mission. Go die in a hole,Malik.
    But I hate the beggars even more...they're just EVERYWHERE. Please sir just a few coooinnns i beg of you! Ugh. 

• 69 posts
    August 5, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

How dare you!

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:16 AM EDT

Lydia! shes got a bad attitude.

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:21 AM EDT
    She doesnt have a bad additude, Jordis and Iona do! Jordis believes I should not live in my own house, and Iona's face looks like >:( 24/7.

Out of all of the housecarls, I like Lydia and Argis the Bulwark the most
    • 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:27 AM EDT

You're absolutely right, i stand corrected.

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:30 AM EDT

What's the name of that annoying mage at the college who turns you into a horse or something? shes annoying! even as a follower she's weak compared to Jzargo and others.

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:36 AM EDT

I also really hate the robot cowboy in Fallout new vegas! i know that aint skyrim but its still bethesda!

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:37 AM EDT
    Brelyna? How is she annoying? I find her adorable! I love her because she isn't as skilled in magic as J'zargo or the other guy, she has been treated badly for being dunmer and has way too many expectations of her given that she is from house telvanni, she wants to better herself as a mage and even when she fails you help pick her up and tell her to try again...

And it might just be me, but I find it hilarious to be turned into a cow (Dovahcow!)
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:40 AM EDT
    I'll give you that one... The biggest problem is it can't die!!!
    • 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:42 AM EDT

Too many valid points! who can i hate on without getting hated on

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:43 AM EDT

The redguard women quest! She's a war criminal!

• 167 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:43 AM EDT

MASTER RACE FOLLOWERS FTW!

Her not being as good at magic as Onmund and J'zargo is a good thing. She's a good follower to have on characters that want some backup, but don't want all the enemies insta-killed. My second favorite Dark Elf follower :P

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:44 AM EDT

now im just takin shots in the dark lol

• 167 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:46 AM EDT

Mercer Frey is the biggest asshole in the game. I can't say I've ever had more fun killing a character in-game.

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 11:46 AM EDT
    We dont really know that, Bethesda left it ambiguous for your own opinion. I mean, if catching this war criminal was so important, why did they not talk to the guards or the jarl?