Forums » General Gaming

New CD Projekt Red....and hints

• 577 posts
    January 11, 2013 9:40 PM EST

Not sure how I feel about this trailer yet for Cyberpunk 2077. It does look awfully good graphic wise. Just thought I'd throw this out here and get some thoughts.

Apparently there's some "secret subliminal" message that you can slow down and read. I'm not going the cut and past the whole thing, but it basically states that CDprojekt is also releasing a title "that we are familiar" with sometime in the future. Well, as everyone is speculating, The Witcher 3!!! Oh yeah, one of my favorite series....

Anyway, chew on this and give some thoughts

• 1913 posts
    January 11, 2013 9:43 PM EST
    I just heard about this, it is made by the people who made Witcher 1 & 2, so it has to be good. I don't care for graphics though so...
    • 708 posts
    January 11, 2013 9:44 PM EST

Saw this the other day, I'm a big fan of this sort of setting. CDProjektRed is right up there with pre-DA2 Bioware for me in terms of quality and how much I like their games (Bought Witcher 2 on steam sale for $7.50, one of my favourite games now) so I'm looking forward to both Cyberpunk2077 and Witcher 3!

• 577 posts
    January 11, 2013 9:48 PM EST

Yeah, people are really starting to pay attention to CDProjekt. They have a great attitude towards their fans and gamers in general. They kinda have this "we're staying independent, fuck corporations and the man" attitude. It's refreshing.

Feb. 5 is when I think they'll release some sort of info on The Witcher 3. They've been busting ass apparently!! Lot's of irons in the fire. lol

• 131 posts
    January 11, 2013 10:24 PM EST

Looks really cool, I may have to get a job this year after all to buy it Dx Sadly I've never found the time or real desire to play the Witcher games *gasp*. Though if this is a lot of fun I'll think about picking up the games.

• 111 posts
    January 12, 2013 3:10 AM EST

Well Cyberpunk as far as I know, is a pen and paper RPG game as was D & D from which the almost perfect BG series was spawned thanks to Bioware. On the basis that CD Projekt are developing it into a game, I am likewise very interested if not eagerly awaiting stuff like release date and some basic info, apart from that it is set 60 plus years into the future and looks like an urban warfare scenario

As for The Witcher 3 - I'll go with "Oh Yeah" as I am on the verge of buying it on principle! 1 and 2 are right up there with the best games I have ever played

• 377 posts
    January 12, 2013 6:45 AM EST

It's nice that they can say 'fuck corporations and the man', that way they can release a game when it's ready to be release and not be forced by some greedy corporate deadline. Overall that is probably one of the biggest problems with the development of games now days - developers being enslaved to a corporation with its head up its ass. The publishers just care about sales, deadlines, quarter revenues, and to create new ways to drain the pockets of paying customers (DLC & micro transactions). A change in the business needs to happen, I just hope it happens soon.

• 577 posts
    January 12, 2013 7:04 AM EST

I would agree my friend. Wouldn't surprise me that bigtime publishers are salivating at CDProjekt's door. Who knows what kinda of offers are going to rise to these folks? Just hope they don't bite and stay true.

• 952 posts
    January 12, 2013 7:13 AM EST

Don't you even worry, they're Polish n stuff.