Forums » The Lounge

21ST December - The end of...?

• 238 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:38 PM EST

Haha thought this could be a very interesting topic and its pretty appropriate for the timing.

I think its HILARIOUS that the entire world reads the mayan calendars ending on this friday as...the end of the world. the apocalypse. when it CLEARLY states when translated correctly....that it is not the end of the world but IS the end of something else. 

it is the end of AN AGE.

It is the end of the age of Pisces.

theres a big difference. what it means who knows.

some believe it is the end. some believe its a new beginning.

then there is return of god and anti christ.

illuminati

Annunaki - which has alot of evidence behind it tho people ignore it because its so scary/far fetched.

but it is very strange how it is all linking together.

So what do you believe? 

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:41 PM EST
    It can't be the end of the world since the Mayans didn't count leap years, otherwise, the world should have ended a few months ago
    • 133 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:43 PM EST

• 238 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:44 PM EST

you dont need to count leap years though unless you predicted the date in days to come, eg 6000,0003 days it will end. 

its predicted on a specific date so doesnt matter about leap years. right?

• 238 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:47 PM EST

wow.....it seems people cant be respectful and discuss.

• 131 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:54 PM EST

By all things we can come up with...the world ended in 2008

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:54 PM EST

This is not a topic for respectful discussion.

This is the.... 14th or so major apocoplyse predicted in the last 30 or so years that won't happen?

You have presented very little to promote discussion, on a topic thats about as interesting as dry toast, and within minutes are calling "people are so disrespectful" because everyone is not flocking to agree with... well, did your original post even have a point?

Indeed...

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:56 PM EST

That explains that tingling sensation...

• 1913 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:56 PM EST
    That may not be COMPLETLEY worded correctly, but it still is the same premise
    • 158 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:00 PM EST

Remember when the world supposedly was going to end in 2000. and 2008. and 2011. Yea.

• 238 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:01 PM EST

any topic can be respectfully responded to.

there is literally unlimited background knowledge points and topics to discuss on the subject as it CLEARLY asks people what they think of the date/prediction.  so......dont know how you can say i have presented little  

no, im calling people disrespectful because of the mockery. other posters have responded by giving a small response in their opinion. thats respectful. not mocking the post and poster, get off your high horse. 

shut down.

• 238 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:06 PM EST

and what about the other meanings behind the prediction - end of an age

return of god etc.

• 158 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:11 PM EST

My take is that that was the mayans take on it. Interpreted and such. remember, this is a religion that viewed the sun as a communication method by the gods. By god returning it could mean a long ass eclipse and when it's over the sun comes back out, i.e.: god returning. I don't know, my only suggestion is to take none of it literally which is the complete opposite of what the media have done.

• 23 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:16 PM EST

And none of those points where presented by yourself.

Your post was basically "lol idiots think worlds ending, nope just the age". "lolololo".

Baseless speculation on the guesses of an ancient civilisation, coupled with the severe inaccuries involved in the history of our current dating system... the "21st of december" reffered to by the Mayans could have been 100 years ago for all we know.

Present some valid points and have a discussion by all means, but showing disrespect to the believes of others, then complaining that people are disrespecting you for it.... thats just silly.

• 557 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:35 PM EST
    They didn't account for Daylight Savings. The date they predicted has passed already.
    • 285 posts
    December 18, 2012 10:17 PM EST
    Or maybe they did, and you just don't know it. I mean the aliens told them.
    • 377 posts
    December 18, 2012 10:58 PM EST

You mentioned that there is "evidence" to the existence of the Annunaki? What evidence? I really would like to see some evidence.

The estimated time of the new age, the Aquarian Age is around 2600, so that's some time from now. Therefore the Pisces Age is still ongoing.

The prophecies leading up to the apocalypse are still on going, most being self-fulfilled by the Israeli state themselves, almost as if they are looking at the requirements to doomsday on a check list, going down the list. Makes one really question the validity of these "prophecies" because one can look at them and go "fulfill" them, making them self-fulfilling.

No one meets the requirement for a an anti-christ. No one meet the requirements to a messiah/returned messiah.

Illuminati has been around for hundreds of years and hasn't done much of anything. New world order? No one is this time will go for it in the current political state we are in. I'm honestly am more concerned about the U.S. government claiming thousands of lives, blaming it on Al Qaeda, then invading the middle-east. The U.S. government were the true terrorists, yet a very small minority of people see it. In the same swoop they pass several laws that a totalitarian police state would have, suppressing and minimizing the liberties of the people. That is the true and real danger.

All of these things have nothing that ties each other together. Opportunists will make money off of the fear and delusions of the people. The Mayan Calendar is a calendar. Do we freak out every time our calendar ends? Yes. We celebrate the New Year's Eve and the New Year.

• 54 posts
    December 18, 2012 11:47 PM EST

*cough* Y2K *cough*

• 158 posts
    December 19, 2012 12:28 AM EST

Boom, logic'd. 

• 952 posts
    December 19, 2012 7:51 AM EST
    That's my birthday, I'll rise to power on this planet and that's the big change. There ya go, mystery solved. No aliens need to be involved here.
  • December 19, 2012 8:11 AM EST

Well what did the Mayan's make their calendars out of?  Rocks would be my guess and could it possibly be that the rock was only so big? O.o

• 271 posts
    December 19, 2012 8:30 AM EST
    Yeah, they got tired after 2012. ;)
    • 131 posts
    December 19, 2012 8:32 AM EST

Somewhere the guys writing the calender said "Hey, lets remove this piece and freak everybody out." Then they got invaded and killed and now their sitting their going "dude, they do realize it was a joke right?"

• 238 posts
    December 19, 2012 3:50 PM EST

There are carvings in the pyramids, and then you go across the world to peru etc and there are the same carvings and stories. then go across the world AGAIN to china etc and again there are the same carvings and stories. 

I find it highly impossible for civilizations of those times to have been able to travel around the world at that given time as our history states so. even though they found an ancient map of the world dated BEFORE the "real first map of the world" - bit of a mind blow to be fair dont know what i believe there. but there you have it. people from opposite ends of the world saying and drawing the same things. 

these beings were said to look like us but to have elongated skulls or giant forms of us. here and there gigantic human fossils have been found, three times the size of normal men, fitting again the ancient stories of these beings. and then of course you take our dna which is 99% different to everything else. 

second - iv read the age of aquarius is in december 2012, from a few sources and the mayan calendar states also, so i think il take this amazingly smart civilization that studied astronomy etc for their entire existence over yours thanks.

whhat iv read is it is the end of the age of pisces and a new age where Christianity dies off and is not practiced anymore.......which coincidentally.....is happening. 

DEF DONT BELIEVE IN THE APOCALYPSE NONSENSE 

no one meets the requirements......made me laugh. you nor any human could EVER know this. simple. 

i agree with you on your political points etc.....you actually believe illuminati exist? 

it does link together in the sense of a story that exists linking it all well. but really im not going to go and tell it on a thread where people are mocking more than discussing. i think there is more to what we know or should i say think we know. we are human we make mistakes and BOY have we big time with our evolution theories and history and scientific beliefs. i dont believe in this apocalypse stuff, but i do believe in a higher being/race creating us and helping us through time.how else can you explain certain things.

.....how do you explain ancient Egyptians being able to carve what we now call...a helicopter? haha. 

• 238 posts
    December 19, 2012 3:57 PM EST

i shouldnt have to make points out, people on here are not all kids, many can think and expand on a topic without being spoon feed or having everything spelled out to them, though not everyone it seems. 

also, clearly no one on here believes its actually ending, so....in what way am i being respectful. 

poor effort. its easier to just respond respectively giving your opinion in the first place than having yourself shut down like this mate.