Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which race do you dislike the most.

• 271 posts
    October 20, 2012 6:52 AM EDT

Just wanted to know wich race you really don't like at all. 

I realize this question could be very misinterpreted, but you know I mean the races of The Elder Scrolls...

• November 2, 2012 11:26 PM EDT

Hm... Great question. Let's put out something very unique, so people can hate on me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm like Cicero (the member, not the annoying assassin). I love all the races. However, if I had to put a least favorite, it would most definitely be...

Redguards.

They're ravaged by civil war, they're very independent, and they're fun to play. So why should I hate them?

Because I vote for underdogs. Look at their history a bit more closely, and these guys are NOT the underdogs. Sure, civil wars, joining the Empire, harsh lands, all the things that normally make the underdogs I love.

But because of their innate individual capabilities and slightly unrealistic luck on the whole, these guys practically never lose.

If there had been a Civil War in Cyrodiil when the Aldmeri Dominion attacked, quite frankly, the Empire would've died. Period. End of sentence, end of discussion. Come on now; not to mention it's Cyrodiil. Which should be the most defended of all provinces, Oblivion Crisis 200 years prior or not. After all, that happened to everyone. Sure, the Thalmor gained a lot of benefits. Empire lost a lot of power, and Aldmeri Dominion gained a shizzzzzzzzton. Heck, though, wouldn't Oblivion Gates have opened in Hammerfell? They act like no big deal, just some Daedra, kill them, break their gates, whatever. Cyrodiil, which should be most defensive, took the most damage.

... Hammerfell douches.

Then, Hammerfell, which even with its amazing warriors isn't exactly prosperous, took on the Aldmeri Dominion. Oddly and even more annoyingly, they evenly match the Thalmor when they have a civil war on their hands (to be fair, a legion of the Empire's helping, but of course that Legion could've very well been mostly Redguard; the Empire seems to have no issues with local recruiting). Then, once they solve a little family dispute, they kick the shizznizz (excuse my textspeakFrenchtoilettalketc.) out of the Thalmor. By that point most of the Imperial help is gone. So they worked better without the Empire.

Look back further in history. They've always been in some civil war or another, yet they almost always win their battles.

Lastly, although their individual characters CAN be fun, there are actually quite a few generic ones in the context of Skyrim.

Speaking of being in Skyrim, they're also overachievers. Even powerplayers could consider the Redguards for almost any class. Knights? The best *AROUND* (no one ever gonna keep them down). Some of the best spellswords. Even "viable" as mages (granted I have an Orc mage, because Skyrim is freaking amazing in the possibilities for characters).

So that's the story of why Redguards won their place in my least favorite race. And Vix, before you intellectually burn me in every possible way (you really know how to do that too well), note that arguments on "interest" are lost on me. I research and love all their cultures with a passion... Except maybe Bosmer, not because I have any lack of seriousness for them, but because while I respect flesh-eating and limiting yourself for religion, I can not in any way justify nor find actual amusement/interest in the Wild Hunt. Meh.

• 253 posts
    November 2, 2012 11:29 PM EDT

That is kind of unfair to Nords, I am not going to argue against you're opinion, you have every right to it. I agree that Nords no-days are not the most amazing, but in the olden days they where much better. As in Ysgramor's time and some of the earlier eras, they valued the mind much more, proven by Tsun in Sovengaurd. But now you are right to an extent to the anti-intellectualism that Nords have now.

• 113 posts
    September 2, 2016 11:59 AM EDT
    The human race. We effed up the world
    • 558 posts
    September 2, 2016 6:52 PM EDT

Sindeed said: The human race. We effed up the world

No we didn't.