Forums » General Gaming

The history behind Assassins creed, the other settings we wanted

• 952 posts
    October 7, 2012 2:49 PM EDT

This tread is about discussing about the history about AC, discussing what other locations we would have loved to see instead of the American revolution, and features we would want to see changed or added.

Nothing is off-topic unless you go to extremes.

• October 7, 2012 2:50 PM EDT

A shorter title might be in order :P

• 952 posts
    October 7, 2012 2:51 PM EDT

I would have loved to see it in Prussia instead of the American revolution. Prussia has a strange history with many conflics which makes it the perfect place of an AC game to me. They had people all over the world and where very influential when it came to military matters. This culture hasn't been used before in AC games and fits in with the concept better the the American revolution. Other periods would be the French revolution, the Dutch revolution, and other major milestones in European and Middle-Eastern history.

• 952 posts
    October 7, 2012 2:52 PM EDT

Nah.

• October 7, 2012 2:56 PM EDT

I would've liked to see the French Revolution, France doesn't get much credit when it comes to world powerhouses and this would've been a great spotlight for them.

• 952 posts
    October 7, 2012 2:59 PM EDT

Yes, I don't like the French but their power before Napoleon destroyed them can't be denied. Their history is also very rich and impressive. They are the reason that all monarchies in Europe spoke French instead of their native language.

• 952 posts
    October 7, 2012 3:01 PM EDT

What are you talking about, this is just a new thread that's about what some people here find "off-topic" when talking about AC. I don't seen how I am insulting a culture this way.

• 966 posts
    October 7, 2012 3:02 PM EDT

I would have liked to have seen some ancient world powers like Persia.

Also the eighty years war is a real option, there is real prove of underground templar activity in the southern part of the Netherlands, and in that war several people were assassinated. The thirty years war could work, maybe the war of Spanish succesion. But the setting should fit. So maybe Amsterdam, wich was the most important city in the world during the Dutch golden age. Or Prague, Paris, London, maybe Königsberg. *probally spelled that wrong*