Forums » General Gaming

Let’s Talk: Guild wars 2

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:28 PM EDT

Must......... resist.........urge........to...........spend..........more........money!!!!

• 342 posts
    September 14, 2012 3:12 AM EDT

Took a stroll through the salad bar that is The Grove, home to the Sylvari.

(Click to Enlarge)

I really think for anyone stuck on the fence about ESO they should check out this game.

• 297 posts
    September 14, 2012 5:55 AM EDT

man i got so lost in the grove the first time i was there lol

• 342 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:00 AM EDT

heh yeah, though Divinity's Reach was confusing as heck for me the first time, I was wondering around the marker the guard had made for me where the bank was only, i knew it was on the second floor only i couldn't find the door.....the ramp leading to the building started halfway down the street, that place is huuuuuge.

• 162 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:17 AM EDT

Beside the ramps they have two "beam me up Scotty" elevators at the base of every "spoke" to travel between the floors.

I love the central garden. I almost always end (and start) my play session overthere.

• 342 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:57 AM EDT

lol yeah after running around the building post for a good 10 minutes my brother pointed out both the ramps and the elevators, i really felt like a noob but after that I was zipping around the whole city collecting all the markers its was great fun.

• 162 posts
    September 17, 2012 4:42 AM EDT

I've worked Sonya up to Level 20 now. Leveling goes quite fast though, maybe even too fast (causes boredom at the end?)

During this course she mostly relies on her twohander. With Rush, Whirlwind and Bull's Charge she rushes across the field, hacking and slashing everthing on her way with Swing and Hunderd bladesKicking all around (Kick is still my favo skill ), while Dodging incoming attacks. More than ones I lost her in the melee and let her dodge just to show herself or to get her out of danger when the health circle starts to drop rapidly. Unbelievable how fast even I can send a char across the screen .

The looks of her armour is incleasing during leveling up. It starts to look a bit more stylish now.

• 342 posts
    September 17, 2012 6:24 AM EDT

nice!

hmm I guess the leveling really depends on what your doing, though it does slow down a bit the higher you go.

warriors are awesome, mine clears the field with dual swords he is like a mini tornado :D

I've found that karma vendors have some really detailed pieces, could be worth having a look there.
     don't forget to complete maps as you get transmute tokens for rewards and that lets you hold onto looks you like.

• 557 posts
    September 17, 2012 6:57 AM EDT
    Is the level cap still at 20?
    • 342 posts
    September 17, 2012 9:25 AM EDT

no its 80. I think 20 might have been for the beta?

• 557 posts
    September 17, 2012 9:57 AM EDT
    The original Guild Wars' level cap was at 20. I hate it.
    • 297 posts
    September 17, 2012 12:13 PM EDT

lvl 60 and only now truly starting too appreciate the abilities of the necromancer,...and it's guuuuud!!!

#minion marauding

• 297 posts
    September 17, 2012 2:55 PM EDT

I liked that last screen so i made a poster/signature for myself

• 409 posts
    September 17, 2012 4:07 PM EDT

I have been thinking of getting this game I have a friend who has it and said he regrets getting it because its to complex to be fun but it looked good so I want a second opinion.

• 59 posts
    September 19, 2012 11:11 AM EDT

Hey guys! Got this too. I LOVE it! Sure it has its bad points but in general this game is great.

Who else is on there? Give me your names! =D

• 297 posts
    September 19, 2012 2:44 PM EDT

fyffel asura necromancer (see above) gandara server(eu)

• 59 posts
    September 19, 2012 2:54 PM EDT

I am trying to add you but can't. Add me, I am Imeera or Bryenna.

• 342 posts
    September 20, 2012 3:38 AM EDT

Kere Morningstar (Blackgate) :) if you're on tomorrow I can invite you to the guild we have going, just me and Asverze atm would love to have more people.

• 162 posts
    September 20, 2012 6:29 PM EDT

Last night I encountered a weird, or better said ridiculous feature. When the armour of your char is totally worn down, it disappears . Suddenly your char is fighting in her undies ! I almost fell from my chair!

I immediately beamed her to a repair NPC to make her armour reappear.

Really a class act .

• 59 posts
    September 21, 2012 7:19 AM EDT

Hahaha ^^ I know. It is normal for these games, not sure if it was for WoW but I think it was. Or it was normal for GW1 at least! It makes sense, if your clothes are broken you can't wear them xD

• 162 posts
    September 21, 2012 9:04 AM EDT

It wasn't so in WoW. There it's shown with a figure on screen which shows in yellow  the damaged parts or in red the broken ones. I don't know about other mmo's, though it looks like female armour in some of them (Tera, Lineage) is permanently broken .

I'll keep a closer eye on the armor damage in the future to save her for more ebarrassment . It did look silly, really .

Btw, why can't you wear broken clothes? Laces, leather strips or safety-pins wonders .

• 144 posts
    September 21, 2012 11:10 PM EDT

your armor doesn't deteriorate in Guild Wars 1