Forums » General Gaming

Dragons Dogma

• 238 posts
    August 23, 2012 5:17 PM EDT

Well well well.............I KNEW my researching would pay off, this happens every time. Let me explain.

Each time i get bored of current games i have a wee scope through the web, through youtube and gaming charts until i stumble across something i like.

Well my godness HOW have i not heard of this game!?

DRAGONS DOGMA 

I can GUARANTEE this game will immerse many on here into hours and hours of enjoyment.......

this is a skyrim website and i have literally stumbled across the closest game out there to it in almost every way including the games very atmosphere/genre in my opinion.

You canot fathom how excited i am by this game/ the opportunity it could hold for myself and many on here. 

i havent bought yet but i really think this could be the next big game for me since skyrim and COULD RE CREATE those first 100hours of skyrim again.

this game is huuge aswell, oblivion size according to reviewers.....

Not only is it huge but it also follows elder scrolls footsteps in character creation.....you can customize your character to the most pointless bit of detail lol.......and of course there are NUMEROUS classes to choose from.......the further you get in the game.....the more you can use the class system to your advantage....eg HYBRIDS - AN ASSASIN MAGE....(how badass does that sound)....strider/archer etc heres an image i found

this image doesnt cover all of the classes. it misses out assassins etc i believe.

wow....it just looks awesome, surely theres something im missing.....whats the catch you say?.........well look at these screenshots.

the only bad news iv heard is the quest line isnt amazing / is about 7.5 out of 10.........well, in my opinion skyrims main questline wasnt great either but i still loved that game due to the size.adventure and diversity, the only games that offer this are fallouts, other elder scrolls, dark souls, two worlds.....and it appears........this. but the thing is, this game looks on par/almost as good as skyrim.

the scenery is beautiful and the games graphics are fantastic.....you can see very far, even on xbox....eg

see that little guy on the rock? yes.....yes that landscape before him is open, its an open world game.

there seems to be alot of creatures in this such as giants /griffons/ goblins........

one great thing is the ai and combat system. through research i found this games combat system is of the best of its kind according to vote........and from watching videos it proves so as it isnt as hack and slash as skyrim..........

HOWEVER IT LOOKS A DIFFICULT GAME AS HEALTH DOESNT REGENERATE. BUT THATS THE CHALLENGE AND ADDS TO THE GAMES FEELING. 

I also noticed in this game that caves are dark.........unlike skyrim....so lanterns or spells are needed. and something which really got my imaghination going was a reviewers words "once night falls you really start realising that your trying to get to somewhere safe to camp, all things dangerous are out at night and you find yourself avoiding the dark of the night and breathing a sigh of relief when you reach an inn to rest."

again this just adds to the challenge for me....it sounds freshing and different, and the major factor here is the threat, therefore it helps eliminate that tedious feeling after a few scores of hours in an open world game because there is always a challenge and freshness.

i bet loads on here will check it out and enjoy it..........its just such a pity not as many are active on here to see this and help them realise. i never heard of this game until researching tonight.....maybe iv been too busy just. 

if anyone has it, can they simply let me know if im doing the right thing in buying it. it just looks like everything i could have wanted to another fantasy game and more. just wow. 

one last thing is they added characteristics to enemies..........eg the giants/Cyclops......are apparently hard foes.......but....extremely thick!

PS you could LITERALLY be Legolas like...........im talking climb upon that cyclops and stab the shiz out of him. watch this .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5vQI-vsXQ

anybodies mind blown yet?